How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them.

Fuel Injector Cleaner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Car Info: '05 crystalgrey sti
Fuel Injector Cleaner Questions

Just trying to get some advice from the community.

Without upgrading to aftermarket fuel injectors, is there something out there that can optimize performance.

Is using fuel injector cleaner good for stock injectors?

If it is, then what are some good brands to go with?

If not, then what would you suggest?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:47 PM

Car Info: 93 EG8
How hard do you drive your car? if you drive it pretty hard, you shouldn't need to clean out your injectors. if you baby it everywhere you might need to. what are you looking to do? in tank or in the fuel rail?

there is no way to modify your stock injectors. you can send them out and get them sonic cleaned and balanced. but i dont think you'll see the gain your looking for.

EB Turbo
Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Car Info: '05 crystalgrey sti
Thanks EB. I used to drive pretty hard, but since I started my new job, I find myself in rush hour traffic on a daily basis. Until I find a daily driver, I find myself more concerned with fuel economy with what I got, hence the inquiry for fuel injector cleaner. Upgrading my injectors now would do me no good, so cleaning my stock injectors would be the logical choice, but I just don't know if the stuff you can buy at kragen works or is safe for the stock injectors.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM

Car Info: 93 EG8
I have used a couple of different types of fuel/intake cleaner. i prefer the BG stuff. i think you can olny get the stuff from dealers that carry BG products. the only thing you can do your self is the intank stuff. you need the special tools to do the other stuff(intake and fuel rail). it gets pretty expensive to have the dealer do it, $200-$300.

EB Turbo
Old 07-05-2012, 11:16 PM

Car Info: subaru impreza 2011
Hello there it may seem really late but i just want to get some good advice also i have this accel diesel fuel injectors and i want to clean it. Is there a good cleaner that i can buy to make my fuel injector clean as new?or is there a good cleaner that you can suggest to me?If there is can you give or advice some good info's about it
Old 08-19-2012, 09:01 AM

bump..

im debating on using some Techron Fuel System Cleaner in my STI. Car runs grear but figured I should add some in before I do my next oil change(Next weeK) so I can get some deposits out if any.

I always use 91 76/Chevron gas...Has anyone done this and results? Any issues with a Cobb tune when adding this cleaner?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by hYpE-R-29
bump..

im debating on using some Techron Fuel System Cleaner in my STI. Car runs grear but figured I should add some in before I do my next oil change(Next weeK) so I can get some deposits out if any.

I always use 91 76/Chevron gas...Has anyone done this and results? Any issues with a Cobb tune when adding this cleaner?
You won't really notice much, but I feel it is good to do about every other oil change. I prefer Redline to Techron.