Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Wtborrow Cobb accessport for 04 sti

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
Wtborrow Cobb accessport for 04 sti

I need to borrow one to reflash my ecu back to stock. That's it. When I bought the car, someone stole the accessport, so I just need to borrow one. Lmk 7218690. K thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
uh it does not work that way.....an access port gets married to your specific ECU and would require that you use the same AP to unmarry it. or you send your ECU to CObb and they can do it for a fee

however you can find someone with a tactrix cable find a stock ROM (map) and then reflash your ecu. all you would have to do is copy a ROM from a stock WRX and then flash your ECU with it. if you can find someone with a unmodified ROM I can do it for you. just coordinate all parties that would be involved and I will help you with the flashing. probably wont take more than 15 minutes.

Jess
Old 12-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Ok thanks for the post and thanks for the private message. Thanks guys for looking out.

Last edited by STInkiWAGON; 12-13-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:33 PM

I e mailed Cobb before and this is what they replyed. This is a direct copy and paste from my e mail:
Bradley,

If you could find another AccessPORT owner with part number AP-SUB-002 they could uninstall it from their car and install it on your car which will over write the previous reflash. *Then you can uninstall it from your car returning your car back to stock. *Then you would be able to reinstall the AccessPORT back on the original car. *That would be the easiest way to return your ECU back to stock.
If you cannot find another AccessPORT owner to help you out you can send the ECU into us to be reflashed back to stock, but there is a $80 labor charge plus return shipping. *Let me know if you have any other questions.
-----

Chris Haag
Sales/Tech Support
COBB Tuning
Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
mda

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by STInkiWAGON
I e mailed Cobb before and this is what they replyed. This is a direct copy and paste from my e mail:
Bradley,

If you could find another AccessPORT owner with part number AP-SUB-002 they could uninstall it from their car and install it on your car which will over write the previous reflash. *Then you can uninstall it from your car returning your car back to stock. *Then you would be able to reinstall the AccessPORT back on the original car. *That would be the easiest way to return your ECU back to stock.
If you cannot find another AccessPORT owner to help you out you can send the ECU into us to be reflashed back to stock, but there is a $80 labor charge plus return shipping. *Let me know if you have any other questions.
-----

Chris Haag
Sales/Tech Support
COBB Tuning

That's some scary stuff right there. :-/