Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Staging Brake for Subaru's

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru WRX Sedan
Im leaving island at the beginning of next year and moving back to mainland. most likely texas or georgia and E85 is available (not plentiful) but available. These are again LONG TERM GOALS but if yall are sayin it will never happen then i will absolutly be realistic. Thing is that i dont know what i could do. Im gonna go with a cosworth long block and if i need to bore it out and sleeve it a bit bigger than thats what im gonna do but i wanna make the most power i can reliably. I was thinkin a 6 speed for stretchin the legs but a 5 speed makes more sense. The link for the sequential kit is awesome but i dont know what yen is in real money and they dont have a way to get in contact with em. and about the prices of stuff, in the long run i dont really care what it costs deployments pay really well but i still dont wanna over pay ya know. thanks for downin my ideas though. and about Lances car, hit him up, hes always cool talkin to his friends back here.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:07 PM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
I say Good Luck! I'd love to see it, anything can be done, just gotta have the $$ to throw at it man - do whatever it takes

and oh...

Originally Posted by Paincake
... but i dont know what yen is in real money...
i found that kinda funny lol

here's a converter LINK
Old 09-19-2011, 08:24 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Were not trying to down ur idea just letting u know from what we know and have seen. Just without the sugar coat being added. If u have high #s go for it. Just think realistic. At the end of the day it doesn't matter ur end # just matters if u can hook it up and hold the power to the ground where it counts!!

Iwouod put money on it once u hit 550 on a suby u will be happy!!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Not to hate on your plans, but why start with an 08 wrx as a platform if your plans are so big?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
L coupe + cosworth longblock + HTA86 = your friend in the dust
Old 09-19-2011, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by Krang
Go check out NAS IOC.com, go to the proven power bragging forum. Nobody, I repeat nobody, is making 800awhp on anything but one run, drag specific cars.
^^^This all day long

but i wanna make the most power i can reliably.
no such thing when you start modding. one bad tank of gas is all it takes. you want the most power with reliability? buy a car that comes from the factory with high horsepower and DONT MOD IT.

Originally Posted by Javirex23
Not to hate on your plans, but why start with an 08 wrx as a platform if your plans are so big?
speaks the truth

L coupe + cosworth longblock + HTA86 = your friend in the dust
^^This times 100000000000......RSTi FTW!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

LOL i switched over from American Muscle. My ending goal with the car is at least 800AWHP on E85. Keep in mind thats an ending goal. I need to beat my buddies 751AWHP EVO8. Right now i have a Perrin CAI, TurboSmart recirc BOV, T'Sudo catless down pipe, catless Invidia N1 exhaust, Cobb Access Port, AMS tune, Eibach Pro Plus kit. I plan to do a Cosworth long block, 6 speed dog box trans (hopefully sequential), GT35R turbo, Deatchworks 1,000cc injectors, new fuel rails,twin Walboro 255lph in tank fuel pumps, Greddy turbo timer, Greddy electronic boost controller, Samco hoses, Mitsumoto radiator, Perrin FMIC with welded piping, and im unsure about the header/up pipe combo. my ending goal with the car is around 800awhp on E85 and 650awhp on pump gas tuneable down to 400 or so for every day street use. im getting the staging brake because my brother had one on his old civic for when he wanted to get a little sideways on the dirt roads. Not to mention it would really set the car off at the car shows.
I just realized something. See bold above^^^. You really need to do more research into what you are wanting to do. 1,000cc injectors on E85?? EBC and a turbo timer? what will you use for engine management? or did you expect your stock ecu to be able to control injectors that large?

I am just saying.......

Welcome to reality
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
LOL i switched over from American Muscle. My ending goal with the car is at least 800AWHP on E85. Keep in mind thats an ending goal. I need to beat my buddies 751AWHP EVO8. Right now i have a Perrin CAI, TurboSmart recirc BOV, T'Sudo catless down pipe, catless Invidia N1 exhaust, Cobb Access Port, AMS tune, Eibach Pro Plus kit. I plan to do a Cosworth long block, 6 speed dog box trans (hopefully sequential), GT35R turbo, Deatchworks 1,000cc injectors, new fuel rails,twin Walboro 255lph in tank fuel pumps, Greddy turbo timer, Greddy electronic boost controller, Samco hoses, Mitsumoto radiator, Perrin FMIC with welded piping, and im unsure about the header/up pipe combo. my ending goal with the car is around 800awhp on E85 and 650awhp on pump gas tuneable down to 400 or so for every day street use. im getting the staging brake because my brother had one on his old civic for when he wanted to get a little sideways on the dirt roads. Not to mention it would really set the car off at the car shows.
800whp Not going to happen. You do not make over 550whp using off the shelf parts. Even your BOV is wrong. fuel system is wrong. You'll need at least 2000cc injectors.... a Motec ecu... technotoytuning makes a ebrake button that lets you use the oem ebrake to slide the back. old civic drifting? Oh god now the car shows... lol 800whp would really set off the car shows..

Cheapest route for you to take is to sell your car and buy a non subaru product. If you chose to go a head with your plan. I hear redbull is looking for a owner/car to build up. You could own a 2008 redbull wrx 5spd racer.

I really want to buy a staging brake for my 08 WRX but theres a problem with the standard staging brake. Subaru's use seperate brake lines so they need a special setup. Anyone know where to get one for cheap? Also a sequential transmission kit for a 5 speed for a decent price. I have found them but all the kits are like 4 grand and that seems really steep.
You better buy a transmission 1st. Your going to a back up! You want to build a 800hp monster and you are looking for cheap parts ?? cheap brake parts at that???

BTW for the sequential kit i dont want the whole transmission right now, my current trans is good for probably 450hp or so with a new clutch. im looking for this but for a 5 speed.
Sequential Shifting System SSS Drive KAPS Transmissions - The Tuners Group
and the staging brake is only 120 bucks so anyone lookin to get sideways likes em.
Staging break? for drag racing? like line lock? or you looking to lock up the rear like Ken Block? ...lol If you can't swing a proper rear brake set up,

Maybe Robin Masters can help you out.

Originally Posted by die_lawn
Your stock trans can handle that much HP?

I don't think that anyone on here wants to get sideways, if you want to drift just buy a 240
No way a stock 5spd is going to handle that. Even a 6spd is going to have problems over 500whp depending on the year of the 6spd.

Originally Posted by shaggadelic

your stock trans cannot handle 450awhp with launching hell you can break it on a stock wrx (seen it happen already on a 08 wrx here in hawaii!!)

your missing alot of things for 800awhp and just to let you know you will be spending 2x as much as a evo guy to get there! our cars take more finesse to get there..... 35r is a old school turbo and there are much better ones out there to get that power. hoesntly i dont see a 35r being able to unless your "juicing" up the dyno for a glory run! it wont be usable power.

I was there when your friend? brought it down to get tuned. it did pretty well for a 08wrx but you my friend have a long way to go.

its hard enough to break into the 400awhp anyone on these boards will tell you that no matter who your tuner is! but i respect a 400awhp subaru over a 400awhp evo hell even a 450awhp evo reasoning behind that...... everyone and there momma has it already in the evo world.
Your right a 35R is not going to get you 800hp. I'd like to know how old the OP is. I'm betting 18-24 years old. A true 400whp subaru is a handful to drive as well. I'd so recommend some driving schools and some track time to go with the upgraded brakes and suspension your going to need....

I know im a long way off but there are 800hp kits out there for around 45k. i know i dont have everything on the list but i got the main parts. Again i am switching over from the Mustang world so gimme a break if i dont know all the most up to date turbos and systems lol. and no Raineys EVO is in Oklahoma at Ft. Sill. I dont really launch the car at all. I do all my "spirited" driving in 3rd and 4th gears. Thats why i was looking into the PPG transmissions. straight cut 3/4 gears made to handle the hp im looking for. If i need to bore out the block then thats what needs to be done. at this point im wondering if just putting in the straight 6 and puttin a fat turbo on that would be easier.
There are No 800hp kits.... You are not going to get 800whp out of a subaru with 45k. Even a loose dynojet dyno isnt going to read that. Putting in a what? skyline motors only fit in old mustangs bro. Nice trolling...

Go check out NAS IOC.com, go to the proven power bragging forum. Nobody, I repeat nobody, is making 800awhp on anything but one run, drag specific cars. There are some guys in Greece running a fully cnc'd block on alcohol making a bit over 1000 I think. You might want to give them a call.

Also, if you are looking for sideways action there are hydraulic p-brake kits available for your model year.

Really not trying to bash your plans, but with being realistic, it ain't gonna happen.
Nas ioc would eat him alive. As for the p-brake kits. If he's wanting a cheap one now. Being realistic...This thread is as realistic as a pipe dream.

Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
dude the 6speed ppg gear set is like 12k by itself
I think they are more now with the exchange rates and the economy being so tanked.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Originally Posted by Javirex23
That was my thoughts exactly. Shoulda bought a supra lol.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:32 PM
banned

Im gonna go with a cosworth long block and if i need to bore it out and sleeve it a bit bigger than thats what im gonna do but i wanna make the most power i can reliably. I was thinkin a 6 speed for stretchin the legs but a 5 speed makes more sense. The link for the sequential kit is awesome but i dont know what yen is in real money and they dont have a way to get in contact with em..
Dude.... Cosworth is going to at you. Bore out the motor? Have you even read up on any of this?

Your 5spd vs 6spd is backwards.....

If you can't figure out what the yen is in U.S. $ oooh man. google and google again.
The CAPs kit is pve your head if you cant figure out how to reach them and buy a set up. Why you would want it is passed me. A CAPs kit on a 5spd is going to be a metal blender for gears.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 PM
banned

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
I just realized something. See bold above^^^. You really need to do more research into what you are wanting to do. 1,000cc injectors on E85?? EBC and a turbo timer? what will you use for engine management? or did you expect your stock ecu to be able to control injectors that large?

I am just saying.......

Welcome to reality
He had Cobb AP listed in there. With some lowering spring companys pro kit. That adds whp too.

I will say. My Ecu/AP is holding 1000cc injectors without problem. Oh and over 500whp. Hell I just did a 1000 mile road trip with it. Not a single problem.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i'd normally be the first person to bash someone for saying such things but i can see you guys are already covering that. so i'll say this, 800 is a stretch but possible. i think with a large enough bankroll anything is possible. if this guy wants to build the fastest wrx he can well then i say go for it, but if he does after all of you telling him he's (for lack of a better word) retarded then i think he might be. now i think the one question i would like to have answered is why a subaru? of all the import cars to dump buttloads of money into, why the worst possible one? sure you probably like how the car looks and so do i but there comes a time where you have to choose form or function. subarus just aren't built to be hp beasts, they never were. coming from american muscle you must know how easy 800hp is to get so it's not that big of a deal really. i guess you just have a choice to make either cheap, fast, or reliable. pick 2 cuz thats all you're gonna get with a wrx once you start going for bigger than 400awhp.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by old.guy
He had Cobb AP listed in there. With some lowering spring companys pro kit. That adds whp too.

I will say. My Ecu/AP is holding 1000cc injectors without problem. Oh and over 500whp. Hell I just did a 1000 mile road trip with it. Not a single problem.
yeah 1000cc is fine. higher than that you start to loose resolution at idle (says my tuner) maybe he will chime in. im more of mechanical guy versus tuning guy...I guess thats what I was meaning to say

to the OP

Dyno Tune: Element Tuning built makes 586whp on a 2.5L + GT4088R @ 25psi - NASIOC

40r on E85 on a dyno jet and didnt even break into the 600's. as Wiley Coyote says "back to the drawing board".

Last edited by 4080wrx; 09-20-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 1998 RS STi
You'll have to go fully custom built and have lots of $$$, definitely not a daily driver.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Methanol powered Subaru

Extreme Tuners - zagaris Subaru Test Methanol 8,87 pass no traction just 31psi boost - YouTube

Quick Reply: Staging Brake for Subaru's