Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Fs: 2005 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Sold: 2005 wrx

Selling my 2005 WRX with 95,000 miles, in excellent condition. Regularly maintained, never abused, just used as a DD to work and back. Mods include:
- 2004 STi goldies, tires have decent tread left
- Perrin UP, Invidia catless DP
- Maddad Halfback mid-pipe (3" all the way back to the axleback where it necks down to 2.5" to fit a stock axleback for a "stealthback" system)
- Prodrive axleback
- GFB Hybrid BOV
- K&N Typhoon intake
- Front and rear shock tower struts
- Open source Stage 2 tune

The good:
- Mature owner, car never abused. I used to be the second oldest member of Hawaii i-club, I might be the oldest by now.
- I have most of the stock parts except for the wheels and rear wing. The radiator is fairly new and I have a new set of front brake pads (and other odds and ends I collected over the years). I installed the rear pads last year. Almost all the shifter components are new or upgraded.
- I changed a bunch of small things over the years, I don't remember all of them. I installed Speed Bleeds, silicone hoses on the IC, gas hood props, I know there are more.

The bad:
- Tint has to be re-done, it's peeling in several places, I was just too lazy to take it in.
- Paint on the trunk and hood scoop is starting to peel, though the rest of the car looks good (see pics). Lots of tiny paint chips in the bumper.
- I replaced the passenger side valve cover gasket, I suspect that the driver's side is leaking though I haven't confirmed.

I'm asking $9,000>SOLD, which is right on the KBB estimate. Please PM me if you are interested or have questions. Note: I have pics below but my image host is sometimes flaky, let me know if you need me to email pics. Thanks.

Name:  SO5eOg6.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  120.7 KB
Name:  UsMXDby.jpg
Size:  127.5 KB
Name:  WYSyWSm.jpg
Size:  119.6 KB
Name:  abodsSr.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  131.5 KB
Name:  kAHGHvt.jpg
Size:  130.5 KB
Name:  gQ25DXV.jpg
Size:  121.6 KB
Name:  3DtZHSH.jpg
Size:  133.1 KB

Last edited by Ross; 02-02-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
I was just poking around under the car and it looks like it's the driver's side valve cover gasket that's leaking. I couldn't find oil anywhere else except the bottom edge of the valve cover. I changed the passenger side last year when I was 54 years old, I couldn't stand up all the way straight for 2 days. It's a job for a younger person, I really don't want to do the work.

I just had another car tinted at Ohana Tinting in Kapolei, they did the 4 side windows and back window for $359 + tax for their best tint. They also quoted me $89 + tax to remove the old tint.

So, while the car is in overall excellent shape, I realize that there are issues that need to be addressed and those issues come at a cost, so I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers. I really would rather sell this car to an i-club member, instead of some random person on CL. Please PM if you'd like to discuss, thanks.