Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Acura TSX Detail featuring Detail Addict Products!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:55 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
Acura TSX Detail featuring Detail Addict Products!

I recently detailed my brother in law's Acura TSX as a favor to him. The car isn't too old however it's never been detailed and he regularly takes it through automatic car washes (big No-NO!). The car was covered in tons and tons of swirls, RID's, water etching, etc..

Aim was to get ~85-90% correction as I was doing this as a favor (Free!) and I didn't have too much time to work on the car (All work was done after work hehe ). I also recently picked up some new products from Detail Addict (www.detailaddict.com) and was working with their line for the first time. These products are very easy to use and provide excellent results! For those of you not familiar with Detail Addict, I would highly recommend checking them out. They are local to us in the Bay Area and they carry quality products.

Products Used:
Detail Addict Car Soap
Detail Addict Clay
Detail Addict Engine/Wheel Cleaner
Detail Addict G-1000 Polish
Detail Addict G-1500 Polish
Detail Addict G-2500 Polish
Detail Addict G-3500 Polish
Detail Addict Sealant Wax
Detail Addict Rub & Shine (Trim/Tires)

Flex 3401
Porter Cable 7224
Various Pads
Tons of Microfiber towels

All laid out I love how the products are clearly labeled. Also the product names make it easy to identify which product does what, no guess work!

Before Pictures

Entire car

Front fender with lots of swirls and etching

Lot's of swirls on the trunk

Etching on mirror

Engine wasn't too bad but there was a lot of dust everywhere and in need of treatment to the various panels/trim

My car in the back, jealous it isn't getting the same treatment hehe It's next though!

Washing/Clay

Two bucket wash w/ grit guard

The Detail Addict Car Soap works great! Lot's of suds and makes washing a breeze.

I clayed immediately after the wash. The car felt rough but I was shocked at how contaminated the paint was Here's after doing just half of the hood! Another very easy to use product that provided great results.

Inspecting before correction

Again, tons of swirls and some minor holograms

Tons of etch marks and swirls on the door!

Hood isn't any better

Correction

I first started with a test panel, used the rear quarter panel. The majority of the car looked like this, mainly lot's of swirls!

With my aim at ~85-90% correction I eventually settled on G-1500 by Green Polishing Pad, G-2500 by Green Polishing Pad, G-3500 by Blue light Polishing Pad. This

process removed all swirls and also light RID's

The above combo worked great on the entire car. There were some areas that required slightly heavier correction but I was very impressed with these results

considering how few steps it took. Here is a 50/50 of this combo I would say a night and day difference hehe These products really work!

The rear quarter panel on the passenger side had some deep RID's. I had previously hit this panel with G-1500 & G-2500 which worked great to remove the swirls but

the deeper RID's were still present as seen here

I really wanted to test the full line of Detail Addict products and so I spent more time on this panel and went for more correction. I went with the more

aggressive G-1000 polish and a Surbuf Cutting pad. Here's the results after one pass, deeper RID's removed but some marring and hazing left.

I followed with G-1500 and G-2500 and the results are stunning! Deeper RID's are removed and the finish has an awesome shine

Same panel under halogens Perfect! Just goes to show how versatile this product line is and what you can accomplish with a bit more time

I finished out the rest of the car and then moved on to the LSP. Detail Addict offers a variety of LSP's and I opted for the Sealant Wax for this car. The

sealant wax offers long lasting protection and still has an amazing shine. I applied the sealant with the porter cable and let sit for a few hours

Engine was sprayed with the Detail Addict Engine/Wheel Cleaner and agitated with a brush. After I rinsed and then treated the engine with Detail Addict Rub & Shine. This product was very easy to use and provided awesome results

After shots

All done!

Was a bit overcast when I first finished, you can see how deep/wet the paint looks though

Luckily the sun came out the next day and I snagged a couple shots. No more swirls!

Nice and shiny! He will definiately be happy when he picks up the car I'm going to tell him his first stop needs to be Detail Addict to pick up some washing supplies hehe No more automatic car washes for this car!

Last edited by dan avoN7; 09-24-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
wow that came out really good
Old 09-24-2010, 03:27 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Awesome job!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:29 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Wow...that looks amazing. Do you do this as a side job? I would love to have this done to my car. It is pretty new but the previous owner did not take very good care of the paint, and mitsu isn't known for having great paint anyways, I have the same swirl marks as the pics show. PM me!

Steve
Old 09-24-2010, 03:30 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by silverbullet415
wow that came out really good
it would seem that he knows what hes doing.....
Old 09-24-2010, 05:12 PM

Car Info: evo
Wow, nice job!

Looks liked Detail Addict have some killer products too.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
damn pretty clean!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
How long did it take you to do everything?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Wow...that looks amazing. Do you do this as a side job? I would love to have this done to my car. It is pretty new but the previous owner did not take very good care of the paint, and mitsu isn't known for having great paint anyways, I have the same swirl marks as the pics show. PM me!
Steve
I mainly detail as a hobby

Detail Addict offers detailing services and could definitely help you out. I would swing by their shop in Fremont for a quote
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
How long did it take you to do everything?
I didn't keep track of the hours too close as I was mainly detailing in the evening after work. If I had to guess.. I would estimate ~12-15 hours of work on this car
Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Whoa!!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 06 wrb sti
damn dan your the man lol looks super clean

mike