Support Oahu Motorsports! Hawaii State Capitol Cruise Route and info!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:34 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Support Oahu Motorsports! Hawaii State Capitol Cruise Route and info!

Hey guys, this is just a repost of the info I'm spreading around for tomorrow. Lemme know if you have questions.

This is important for everyone...the big day is finally here, and we need to show our support for Oahu Motorsports, and your support for changing the current recon laws. Please pass this info on to anyone who's intending to show tomorrow.

We will also have a static display of go-karts, Formulas, Drag-Racers, etc...and if you'd like to be included in the display, simply show up with your modified rides at 11PM tomorrow in front of the Capitol building. We're looking for great examples of the Motorsports scene.

A few legislators and the local media will be there so PLEASE...if you can...mark your windows with white shoe polish and the letters: "HRP" so we'll know who you are!

The current FAQ and route is here:
http://www.raceeventshawaii.com/Cont...apitol_FAQ.htm

What we're asking for everyone to do, is basically cruise around the capitol in an orderly fashion for as long as they can. We'll basically be cruising using the red route, and if there's too many cars...the yellow route will extend the loop...

Please follow the following route:
Stay in the farthest left hand lane at all times. Starting in front of the State Capitol Building on South Beretania Street (Father Damien Statue), take your immediate left onto Richards Street (If there is a large turn-out of crusiers, we will extend the route to Bishop Street). Take the next left onto South King Street. Take your next left onto Alapai Street (again, stay in your left hand lane). To complete the loop, take your next left onto South Beretania Street and repeat.

Here is a map of the route!
http://www.raceeventshawaii.com/Asse...s/FixMPSvc.bmp

This is your chance to show your support for Hawaii Motorsports, and your non-support for current RECON policies. Please, help us all out...take a bit of your time, and give us a helping hand.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:19 PM

It looks like a lot of the i-club folks will be meeting at Long's/Safeway Pali at around 11am.

See this thread for more details:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/car-cruise-monday-89927/
Old 02-21-2005, 03:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Yes that is our pre-meet...if you're displaying your car or whatever it says up there, you're on your own because I didn't know about that
Old 02-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I drove by the capital and down Richards St....I had to work today, but I did see a bunch of Subies on the grass. Thanks for showing your support!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:06 PM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
I drove by the capital and down Richards St....I had to work today, but I did see a bunch of Subies on the grass. Thanks for showing your support!
not a problem boddah! jus wish there was alot more of us that showed up....
Old 02-21-2005, 06:02 PM

Great turnout! Here's pics that I took. -> http://rev808.com/v1/showthread.php?t=835

Mostly Domestic cars. A few Honda's. 1 Evo. There were a bunch of Imprezas's. 2 SRT-4's, lLots of Camaros and Mustangs and a slew of turbo Buick's. Saw some of you guys there too!! There were about 8 or so Impreza's.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 04sti
cant view them, can u post them here?
thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 07:36 PM

Considering it was a work day for many I think the turnout was good. I believe we had about 10-15 cars that left the Safeway parking lot. There was plenty of parking in the grass at the state capital and it was good to walk around and see some of the cars. Seems there was a good mix from all racing venues and a wide variety of cars.
I just watched the 5pm news and though not one of the headline reports it was played early on. Hopefully the bill makes it through and they can proceed with a new track.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by marko
cant view them, can u post them here?
thanks
unfortunately you need to register to view There's 160+ pics. Kinda hard to post em all..
Old 02-22-2005, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
Originally Posted by NeonRT99
unfortunately you need to register to view There's 160+ pics. Kinda hard to post em all..
.....i just signed up...great pics...there's a pic of carlo's car...
Old 02-22-2005, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Mahalo for all the support guys...it was great to see all the WRXs...I saw a nice Greddy front lip that I'm considering on picking up.

I just posted a new article about the State Capitol Cruise on the www.raceeventshawaii.com website. I thought that most of the news articles that were posted by the TV stations were kinda weak sauce...so I wrote an article that was a bit more meaty along with some photos to tell the story of what went down on Monday.

I hope you enjoy the read.

It also contains all the links to the news station stories and forum threads with pictures, and will soon have the newstation video, that I recorded last night, posted as soon as I transfer the video.

I'll let you know when the videos are up...