STi - first impression. DAYM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 12:25 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by mehlt
Dave,

I does like to turn better then a WRX. I've only put about 120 miles on it at this point, and a lot of my driving has been straight line driving. Now that I've swaped my stuff from the wagon I plan to drive it more.

I've found it's hard to keep the RPMs down. I set it to beep at 3500 now so I have some time to shift, otherwise it's flying over 4000.

Since the suspension is similiar to my wagon setup (STi) I'm pretty much used to the ride quality.

BTW, mine had a 2004 WRX manual in the glove box that also covered the STi functions (DCCD, IC Sprayer, etc..). Not in great detail. Did you get anything?
Grr, killed my responses. Um...

Beep? I cant or dont hear any beep when I go over the shift light? I have it set to 3k. Is there something else you have to do.

If you get a chance when you are doing through a decent turn while accelerating get off the throttle and see if it turns in drasticaly. Just curious if you feel the same thing.

I sure hope my manual has the sti functions, I never looked since I was just taking the dealers word for it that nothing was in there. Will check again, thanks for lettting me know...

Last edited by DaveWRX; 04-28-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:14 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Talking

Congratulations to all of you who got your STis!!I rarely find myself out in the Waipahu area, but after my training session in Kapolei and going to pick up some Filipino food at Thelma's I decided to stop by and visit Jeff. I want the white one (at that time it was still available). Seeing the car in person has just jazzed me on the car that much more. What can I say the car just absolutely rocks. Scott, it was nice to meet you at the dealership, and as we said to each other there, we will do the responsible thing and we will wait. But who are we kidding you and I know that we both want the car and will push our spouses in to agreeing with us. Jeff, you'll probably be seeing me more than before, hope you see me and my wife there oneday. Again, the underprivileged masses will bow down to thy Scooby King, all hail the STi!!!!Evo VIII what?
Old 04-29-2003, 02:58 AM

Car Info: Justy
Congratulations!

Congrats to the proud new owners of the STi's.

After hearing they came in, I ran the numbers through my head and still can't get that into the budget. =(

Hey, Tim. I'll have to drop by your place one day and drool over the car. Don't worry I'll bring my own bib. =)

Tim, Dave and STilyn have fun out there. (sorry if I missed any other of the STi owners)

B
Old 05-30-2003, 10:16 AM

Car Info: 05 Legacy GT
sti gearbox, downshifting to 1st

I'm thinking about the sti for auto-x and am wondering about the gearbox...

How hard is it to downshift to 1st when moving, say, between 10-20 mph? Does the gearbox just let you do it?

Yukon
Old 05-30-2003, 12:58 PM

No problems so far, but I've found myself staying in 2nd a lot more due the increased low end power..
Old 05-30-2003, 01:13 PM

Beep? I cant or dont hear any beep when I go over the shift light? I have it set to 3k. Is there something else you have to do.

The beep can be turned on or off.
Let the car idle,
turn the shift light **** to the right there will be an indicator in the window showing "--" if the beep was set to off.

Turn the **** to the right then the it will beep once, look in the window to see if it says "ON" the beep will be on now.

It will beep again then the needle will fall to idle.
turn the **** again, then you can set the shift indicator mode.

Look into the window to see that you are in shift indicator mode
it will read 30 for 3000rpm so on , you can set it from there.
Left to decreese right to increase.
Hope that helps.
el jeffe