The Spoiled Under-30 Crowd!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:03 AM

Car Info: the daddy van beatin da bass
The Spoiled Under-30 Crowd!!!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears With their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school everymorning

... Uphill...

BOTH ways

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up,There was no way in heck I was going to lay A bunch of crap like that on kids, about how hard I had it And how easy they've got it! But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of Thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to myChildhood, you live in a dang Utopia!
And I hate to say it but you kids today, you Don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, We had to go to the damn library and Look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually writeSomebody a letter, with a pen! ...Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it inthe mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3's or Napsters! You wanted toSteal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and theDJ'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If youWere on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it! And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school,Your mom, your boss, your Bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation videoGames with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With gamesLike 'Space Invaders' and 'asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! YouActually had to use your Imagination!! And there were no multiple levels orScreens, it was just one screenForever! And you could never win. The game just kept gettingHarder and harder and Faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

Sure, we had cable television, but back then that Was only m-net And there was no on screen menu and no remoteControl! You had to use a Little book called a TV Guide to find out what was On! You were screwed when it Came to channel surfing! You had to get off Your *** and walk over to the TV to change the Channel and there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you Hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled Little rats!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heatSomething up we had to use the stove ... Imagine that! If we wanted Popcorn, we had to use that stupid Jiffy Pop thing And shake it over the stove forever like an idiot. That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kidsToday have got it too easy.You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lastedFive minutes back in 1980!

Regards,The over 30 Crowd
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 08 lgt
Cheeeeeeee I love having it easy. And guess what I'm not only under 30...I'm under 20!!! And I have an 08 model car. OMG! My parents don't pay for it though I just make good decisions.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:18 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by motomech
Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and theDJ'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!
Haha, I guess it wasn't just me huh. Classic walk down memory lane. Funny thread.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 2021 Crosstrek Sport
:sigh: Memories... Atari, Jiffy Pop & the best one of all, taping songs on the radio I take it the young ones started callin you Unko? And I no mean your nieces & nephews

Damn Keeds!!!

Last edited by Keainakoa; 12-15-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Hahaha. Thats a good one brian!! I hated those card catalogues and most of the libraries didnt have a good stock of research books, only the Main State library across Honolulu Hale. Dude, I was trying not to think that Im close to 30 but thanks for the reminder!! j/k. The bEst is .25 cent bus fare's.. bwahahahahaha
Old 12-15-2008, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Yeah, football in the street, waiting for the manapua man. That was my childhood, ha ha!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 AM

Car Info: S14
LOL my mom got this email and made me read it out loud to my brothers.....good stuff
Old 12-15-2008, 03:44 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
"Taping songs off the radio"?

What is this taping?

What is the radio?

:P
Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 AM

Car Info: Stock XA
Talking

Originally Posted by 808_lgt
Cheeeeeeee I love having it easy. And guess what I'm not only under 30...I'm under 20!!! And I have an 08 model car. OMG! My parents don't pay for it though I just make good decisions.
man i'm under 30 too, but i got it more easy than anyone. all i do is go to school. it seems like i'm helpless but i can't help it if my parents are loaded and i have a trust fund!!!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:18 AM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Hahahahaha!!! I feel old
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 AM

Car Info: Silver Subaru WRX 2005 (STI wing and interior)
Originally Posted by 808_lgt
haha awesome! Me too! I moved out 3 days after i was 18 and have never returned. Since i was 15 everything i have, i bought myself (clothing, books & car.)

being born in the 80's has its problems to you know. Life may be "squishy" now but we have to pay for YOUR retirement and social security for the entirety of our lives, yet when we get to that age, there will be nothing for us.. So be happy, your the last generation that will get the luxury of SS.

and remember over 30 crowd you better be nice to us, we pick your retirement homes.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
you for got to add

"when I was younger you could put $10 bucks of gas and you would get a full tank"
Old 12-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by Keainakoa

Damn Keeds!!!
+1!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
hahahaha brah and never even had the bus in nanakuli when i was a kid you had to hitch hike to town and hope either your parents or someone you knew was going back to the west side for a ride!!! classic thread!!! whoa i feel old now!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I want to know how many 30+ year olds live with their parents still. I know at least half my firends that aren't on i-club are.

Not to be mean just to take into understanding how tough it is to afford a house in HI.

Oh and to stick with this thread...I remember when we had to learn to type with a typewriter.

Quick Reply: The Spoiled Under-30 Crowd!!!