Need a restaurant recommendation please

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Need a restaurant recommendation please

So I've found myself in a pleasant little dilemma. I owe a certain lady friend dinner, but I can't figure out where to take her for the life of me!

The only stipulations are:
1.) About $50-60 out the door for the two of us
2.) Light cuisine -- nothing too fatty or heavy
3.) Comfortable dining area (preferably with a bit of privacy so that we can converse freely)

Any suggestions, my lovely HIIC'ers? Thanks!

Any opinions on the following places? Mediterraneo, Brasserie du Vin, Izakaya Gaku, Tango Contemporary Cafe, Imanas Tei, Tokkuri Tei.

Last edited by Choku Dori; 10-24-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
hmm i took a lady friend of mine also out last week to P.F Changs on ward during a weekday which wasnt crowded at all. weekends make a reservation since it's highly reccommended. I've only got good things to say about this place, the food was great, service was great and we did talk alot alot. to think of it we came in around 730 and didnt leave till closing,the manager let us stay untill they cleaned up everything and themselves were ready to leave..lol.. we did try alot of the food selections and bill came out $65 bucks. our server guy was really good so i tipped him $40 bucks..lol...however it was worth it.

nev
Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 PM

Car Info: Silver Subaru WRX 2005 (STI wing and interior)
I agree with P.F. Changs! We went there not to long ago and both locations are great (ala moana and waikiki)

I also like Buca De Beppos (next to the ward shopping center) Service is always great, a bit to choose from but large portions so you guys can share *wink wink* (good time to get close to her)

Kobe Steak house is decent. As long as you dont get the really expensive stuff its good, plus they have a sushi bar thats really really good if you are in the mood for sushi.

The Yard house is AMAZING. Their food is great, service is 90% amazing but there is only one bad side, its a little on the loud side. If you dont mind sitting next to her and talking a little louder then your used to its awesome and rather in expensive for the quality of food. Plus they have LOADS of beer.

And last but not least there is Sushi Doraku. Its said to be some of the best sushi on the island. My friend went there and said it was awesome. if you guys like sushi, thats the place to go. Contemporary, quite and turns into a club on weekend nights after 11pm i think.

good luck!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
yupz i been to all those rest with my dates and luved them all..i meant the resturant not the dates..lol..

hmm you choose ur words carefully ah...." certain lady friend"....lol..it could be just me but it's one that has " POTENTIAL" rite ?...haha

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Thanks guys!

Nev: haha, you're a sharp one in regards to my wording Unfortunately, we can't go to P.F. Chang's because she's from Hong Kong and would murder me if I took her there

Sarah: we've been to Bucca before; I thought it wasn't bad but it was too heavy for her We've also been to Yard House before, and it might be just a tad too rowdy for my... purposes Kobe Steak House, hmmm... we had teppanyaki last time so I dunno if I wanna double up on it. Doraku I considered, but we both like traditional sushi more then fusion styles. Ahaha, I'm being a major pain in the ****, aren't I? Thanks for putting up with me!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:39 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Doraku I considered, but we both like traditional sushi more then fusion styles. Ahaha, I'm being a major pain in the ****, aren't I? Thanks for putting up with me!
You could always try Sushi King near University. I'm not a huge sushi fan, but I enjoy the sushi there as well as the rest of the Teishoku stuff. Plus, they're open late, so staying past 10:00pm is no problem. They even have specials starting from 10:30pm if you guys get pre-occupied before dinner time

I also liked Momomo near Market City Mall, however I haven't been there in a while. Izakaya style, so very easy to get a wide variety of stuff for cheap. I like Tokuri Tei too, but the place is too small and they're usually pretty busy, so I think chillin out might be discouraged.

The restaurant is one thing, but the company will make the night. Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do........or if you do, pm me about it! hahahaha.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
Brew Moon?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
try a nice economic restaurant like pasta basta's near ocean's club restaurant row. food is excellent - chef Donatto from Italy. Fine dining without the cost...and the chef is actually from ITALY!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Ryan dude, Im not sure who I was talking with at the time but I knew it was a iclubber and we were talking about a resturant in Waikiki where you can eat sushi of a naked chick!! Ding Ding Ding, winner!! That or MAC 24/7.. Seen some hotties on a consistent basis
Old 10-24-2008, 11:26 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
Originally Posted by dub81
Ryan dude, Im not sure who I was talking with at the time but I knew it was a iclubber and we were talking about a resturant in Waikiki where you can eat sushi of a naked chick!! Ding Ding Ding, winner!! That or MAC 24/7.. Seen some hotties on a consistent basis
Crab sushi? lmao
Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Ducs bistro, in chinatown
Old 10-24-2008, 11:59 PM
banned

Car Info: .
First off, what does she look like? Pics?

Wait...what was the question again?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:06 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX "Wagon"
Go to the Top of Waikiki! Good eats and very Romantic Great meal for about $80 - 100 but worth it
Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 AM

Car Info: 2007 OBP Wrx TR
Come eat at my work place in kahala hotel. I work at Tokyo Tokyo restaurant. its located next to the valet area.
Lots of privacy if your looking for a good convo, excellent service, excellent food. We serve sushi also.
Im there sunday through friday, ask for Joven. I could get you guys a discount off your check.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT
Ichiriki = http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...res/eater.html

cafe miro =http://honolulu.citysearch.com/profile/3228804/honolulu_hi/cafe_miro.html

Sweet Home Cafe = http://www.yelp.com/biz/sweet-home-cafe-honolulu

Matsugen = http://www.yelp.com/biz/matsugen-honolulu

Some of my favs...

Yeah... I love food and very eager to find the best grindz for $10 or less!

Got's penty more most people have never heard of...

Quick Reply: Need a restaurant recommendation please