More geico fun...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:26 AM

Car Info: Subaru PSM Wrx 05 w/ Mud guards Red 88 Conquest
Angry More geico fun...

Ok get this, if you are hit by someone with geico insurance and you also have geico insurance and the other party is a fault and is not cooperating, meaning
geico cannot get an interview by phone from him/her then gieco has the right to deny coverage under that claiment's policy so now your policy has to cover it.
Then you pay the deductable and are now responsible to get payment from the person that hit you.

I'm bailing out as of this month if anyone is interested in possible
savings through State Farm, I can ask my agent for a discount.

The body shop unfortunatly has not recived payment for the repairs done on my car though they were given the go ahead from the geico adjuster to repair my car then they bail out on the body shop. WTF?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:31 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i can't stand the gecko they also have screwed us but not like they did u man. hope you can get everything fixed
Old 05-16-2006, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 02 Wrx
Tell geico if they’re not going to do anything then you will take legal action.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:25 AM

Car Info: None.
I wish I could say this was the first time I've heard of someone having troubles with Geico but it's not. A buddy of mine had his rates go up because he answered "yes" when they asked him if he used a radar detector. (This was back in San Diego).

I've had USAA insurance as long as I've been driving. They're not the cheapest, but they've always given me awesome service. I'd reccomend checking them out if you're looking for a new insurance company.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
AIG Hawaii FTW

Progressive is not bad too as I haven't had problems with them.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
+1 for AIG... great service but not cheap at all. But you get what you pay for, I made 4 claims with them, 1 I was at fault, but had no problems with any of my claims. The other 3, where the other party was at fault, I received a check in 24 hours.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:11 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
+1 more for AIG. They've taken care of my family and me for as long as we've had cars.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:11 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by Anti-hero
Ok get this, if you are hit by someone with geico insurance and you also have geico insurance and the other party is a fault and is not cooperating, meaning
geico cannot get an interview by phone from him/her then gieco has the right to deny coverage under that claiment's policy so now your policy has to cover it.
Then you pay the deductable and are now responsible to get payment from the person that hit you.

I'm bailing out as of this month if anyone is interested in possible
savings through State Farm, I can ask my agent for a discount.

The body shop unfortunatly has not recived payment for the repairs done on my car though they were given the go ahead from the geico adjuster to repair my car then they bail out on the body shop. WTF?
I'm in no way affiliated with, nor do I support/endorse Geico in any way, but this is pretty much standard with all insurance companies. Doesn't really matter which insurance company it is that is covering the claim. It does suck, but if you're rear ended, and your insurance company cannot get a hold of the other party, you have no choice but to go through your own policy and pay your deductible. Only until the insurance company gets in touch with both parties, does their investigation, then they normally accept liability.
I got State Farm also, and am pretty happy with their service. Best rates also.....or at least when I checked around. And they cover aftermarket parts as well. Not a lot of insurance companies do that now days. Also, from a body shop point of view, they're great to work with.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:39 AM

Car Info: 09 WrX Pearl White 5dr hb / 04 Wrx White
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
+1 more for AIG. They've taken care of my family and me for as long as we've had cars.
2nd to that... i got aig... i have 3 accident 2 different car, 2 accident in my wrx and all of them wasn't my fault... fast claim
Old 05-17-2006, 01:02 AM

Car Info: Subaru PSM Wrx 05 w/ Mud guards Red 88 Conquest
This goes with all insurance companys.

For new car owners you must have the car inspected by an agent.

If you have a total loss accident or theft without inspection they will not cover the car.