Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Originally Posted by gdogg
how much does joey charge?
Look at the 2nd pic.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...highlight=joey
Old 05-12-2004, 05:14 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by IS2Scooby

ah, now i remember that sign. i think i will visit them when the humidity is high again... like today!! grrr... detailed car and took 2 showers...

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 05-12-2004, 05:32 PM

Car Info: '09 Black Audi S5
Stain in carpet that just won't come out? Try buying some spray paint that matches and use it directly on the carpet. Used to do this all the time when I worked as a detailer in high school. Simple, quick, and effective.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:59 PM

Car Info: STI
Waxes - I feel Zymol, Zaino, and Pinnacle offer the best products. From my experiences and what I've heard from others Pinnacle and Zaino are well liked on darker colors (provide a deeper wet look) and Zymol for lighter ones (better shine). I've been a Zymol carbon/japon guy for a long time. Meguairs gold class, flash wax, eagle one stuff are OK if you like it quick and easy....but other than that they just don't last. Like many things, when it comes to wax, you usually get what you pay for.

I really liked Zymol car wash when they sold it by the gal at costco, but no longer have it. Now i've been stuck using meguiars hi-tech or gold class.....but been unhappy.

Meguairs tire gel.....i prefer the lower gloss version.

Mothers protectant. Not too glossy......and probably the best/most tolerable smell.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:04 PM

RainX.....I hate using windshield wipers!

Simple Green.....light concentrate for your rims. Cleans well, its cheap, and its friendly to the environment/your hands (wheel cleaners clean great but kill hands)

Eagle One 20/20....best glass cleaner for the car. Cuts through haze the best! By the way, No touch sucks the big one.

And if you want to make things easier USE MICROFIBER towels. They remove wax faster/better and help a ton when cleaning windows.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Joey!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
Originally Posted by acarguy
RainX.....I hate using windshield wipers!
I stopped using RainX for half a year now mainly because I've been told by many people that it chatters and degrades the life of your windshield wipers. And its true, my wipers have prematurely worn after 3 months of use.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by BoOm
I stopped using RainX for half a year now mainly because I've been told by many people that it chatters and degrades the life of your windshield wipers. And its true, my wipers have prematurely worn after 3 months of use.

Really? I've never heard or experienced that. I actually thought it has extended the life of my windshield wipers while improving their effectiveness. I've got the original blades on my STI (little more than a year now) and I live on the windward side.

The real killer of wiper blades is using them to clean the windshield, especially when there isn't much water on the windshield. One thing I don't like about my subbie is how the wiper automatically runs when spraying water. This insures that you'll never have enough water
Old 05-18-2004, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
bumping this thread a bit...

Anyone have pointers on how to remove wax from the plastic (non-painted) parts like the insert in the front bumper? I was polishing my car at night (and it's black) so I made an oops over there and can't get the white crud off.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
there is wax remover. I don't know brands, but it will make it come right off. My wife did the same to her neon and the wax remover took it right off with no damage to the plastic.

edit: Despite these other people, I love Meguiars. I was at Target and they didn't have Meguiars in stock, so I got the Zymol.... I used it once and am buying Meguiars even though I have an ALMOST FULL bottle of Zymol. Meguiars leaves my WRB car looking a MUCH deeper shade of blue than the Zymol. I like it better. IT could just be me, though.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:29 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I used to use baby oil and a soft toothbrush to take out white wax residue from plastic trimming.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by EtchyLives
there is wax remover. I don't know brands, but it will make it come right off. My wife did the same to her neon and the wax remover took it right off with no damage to the plastic.

edit: Despite these other people, I love Meguiars. I was at Target and they didn't have Meguiars in stock, so I got the Zymol.... I used it once and am buying Meguiars even though I have an ALMOST FULL bottle of Zymol. Meguiars leaves my WRB car looking a MUCH deeper shade of blue than the Zymol. I like it better. IT could just be me, though.
Thats because you bought fake (made by turltle wax, although I personally think its still better than Meguairs) zymol Another benefit is that the real deal doesnt leave a white residue because its more of a gel like substance that you wipe off before it dries
Old 05-18-2004, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Hmmm. I'll have to find some real Zymol. Will the real Zymol wax please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:27 PM

Right here sir

I'm about 40-45 bucks but I last a long time and you don't use very much of me for each application.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: List your best detailing products and cleaning tips