Hyper Force System

Old 05-05-2006, 05:05 PM

Car Info: R5 Turbo 2
Hyper Force System

Not to be confused with MoTec System Exhaust, we just got a shipment of this new product from Sun Auto.

"Sun Hyper Force System is new high-efficiency ignition tuning and strengthening system by Sun Automobile. Hyper Force System focuses on direct ignition engines and is available in 4 and 6 cylinder versions.

It will work on these vehicles: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (CT9A), Subaru WRX (GDA/GDF), Nissan 350Z (Z33), and Nissan SR20DET (S13, S14, etc.)

# Benefits Increased Engine Response
# Improved Fuel Efficiency
# Increased Horse Power and Torque
# Reliable ignition spark throughout the entire rev range
# Reduced emissions / stabilized idling

Included Components Main Unit (1), Mounting Bracket (Set), Zip Ties (3), Wiring Harness Adapter (set)

Description: Problems associated with ignition coils and the capability of the Hyper Force System?
A normal ignition coil inherently generates back electromotive force (*1back EMF) during operation. This back EMF negatively affects the ignition device inside the coil, decreases plug voltage, and negatively affects plug efficiency. With this problem, voltage not only becomes unstable but also produces ignition time lag in the next ignition cycle. HYPER FORCE SYSTEM works by absorbing all back EMF, which aids to improve plug voltage and promote complete combustion by producing 100% coil efficiency. Furthermore, HYPER FORCE SYSTEM eliminates any ignition performance loss due to decreased electrical current under heavy throttle.
# Since ignition efficiency over the entire rev range improves, available torque and acceleration response improves; this efficiency enhancement also contributes to better fuel efficiency and a reduction of harmful emissions."

It is supposed be competitive with the HKS Twin Power DLI. Looks like a cool product. We'll be installing it in our evo today, we have a slight misfire at high boost. I'll post up our findings with the Hyper Force System installed later.
Attached Thumbnails Hyper Force System-racinglab_1894_138430172.jpg  
Old 05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Can you please post a pic of Subaru harness. I am curious to see what it looks like.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:45 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
how much is it?
Old 05-05-2006, 07:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Would this mod only be useful on heavily modded car or would it be of use on a stock vehicle?
Old 05-05-2006, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
will it work for the GC's and how much?
Old 05-05-2006, 08:24 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
^um yeah I would like to know that to...
Old 05-05-2006, 10:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by Howler
Would this mod only be useful on heavily modded car or would it be of use on a stock vehicle?
Does any one read any reviews on this product?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:14 AM

Car Info: Subaru PSM Wrx 05 w/ Mud guards Red 88 Conquest
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/HFS/hfs.php

I think it has to deal with these weakness in the stock igniton(see below) and the coil sturation and dwell time? on the secondary winding of the ignition coil. Meaning the re-charge rate of the coil at higer rpm is cut in half on a stock system so when the coil needs to fire again its only at half charge there for inconsistant
firing, this thing will help keep the coil fully charged at higer rpms.
And reduce back emf?(Don't know what that is)
...........Need more esspreso.........

The earthing on the ignition amplifier (also referred to as the module or the igniter) is vital to the operation of the ignition system and is often overlooked as an area for potential problems.

The earth connection , if not in good condition, can cause a reduction in the primary current that will effect the current limiting (or dwell control) circuit. It is therefore vital that this important connection is tested and rectified if it is found to be outside of its operational limits. An earth return circuit can only be tested while the circuit is under load and this therefore makes continuity testing to earth with a multimeter inaccurate. As the coils primary circuit is only complete during the dwell period, this is the time that the voltage drop should be monitored.

Ensure that the 'voltage ramp' does not exceed 0.5 volts. The 'flatter' the resultant waveform the better. A waveform with virtually no rise, shows that the amplifier/module has a perfect earth. If the 'ramp' is too high, another earth wire can be soldered in parallel with the original earth connection will be beneficial.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:12 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
it would be cool if it could fit on the GC I would buy one if they made one for our years.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:07 PM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Thumbs up Hyper

Originally Posted by Imprezer
Can you please post a pic of Subaru harness. I am curious to see what it looks like.
Alex,

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Hyper Force System-hyper.jpg  
Old 05-08-2006, 02:58 PM

Hey Alex, here's a pic of the harness. It's really simple, theres a jumper harness for the stock ignition harness, and an adaptor for the Hyper Force unit.

Sorry, GC guys, they don't make a harness for your cars yet, at least not fo rthe US market. I will investigate if there is a JDM harness avalable.

Howler, I'm sure this product will yeild an improvment in a stock car, but I can see it really being benifical in a high HP car where the stock ignition system is beginging to be taxed.
Attached Thumbnails Hyper Force System-subaru-harness.jpg  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Originally Posted by dub81
Does any one read any reviews on this product?

Nope, sorry. This is the first time i had heard of this product. Did a little google search and came up with what he said in the first post multiple times. How about a smart person like you edumucate this poor little haole. Mind pointing us ignorant folk on those "reviews"? I IS SO SORRY MASSTA! I WONT ASK NO MO QUESTIONS!!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Sun claims something like +16 hp and +12 ft-lb of torque gain on a otherwise stock Evo 8. There have been independent dyno tests that don't support this claim though. I would suggest this product to those concerned about powerloss through spark misfire or a strained ignition system due to high boost, etc. rather than a actual power adder.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Stronger spark = the following:

- more efficient and quicker A/F mixture burn
- less unburned fuel, which in return makes your exhaust less obvious
- is better for colder sparkplugs
- safety at high rpm high boost condition
Old 05-08-2006, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
"Quicker" mixture burn is detrimental and can cause detonation. The higher the octane, the slower the burn. The lower the octane, the faster the burn and it's easier to detonate. The slower burn of higher octane pushes the piston in a controlled stroke of power. Faster burning low ocatane is akin to an uncontrolled explosion and tends to pre-ignite (detonate).

San

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hyper Force System