View Poll Results: Is Etchy gonna get screwed?
No, this is a good plan. You're gonna get your wheels
20.00%
Yes, you spineless SOB. Your wife has your balls in a vise, doesn't she.
20.00%
There are better ways to spend a $1000, you worthless f***!
60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

How much is a Jacket worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 06:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Question How much is a Jacket worth?

Some of you may have heard me complain that my wife has no love for my WRX. She constantly complains that I spend too much money on it, and every time I mention any sort of mod she gives me THE LOOK.

Well, today we were shopping at the Waikele Outlet Mall, and she once again went into Barneys New York to look at her dream coat. It's light tan, has a dead furry animal coating the inside, and costs $1,000. I'm going to let her buy it.

Now, before you all smack me about like a little girl for having no *********, allow me to explain my theory. And then you can all tell me if I'm dreaming or if you think I can pull it off.

Theory is that if I let her do this (she knows I hate the coat) then she'll have to reciprocate and let me get something for the car. The object of my affection? Bronze or Gold Rota SDR's with some nice tires (undecided yet).

So do you think I can pull it off, or do you think I'm going to give in, and she's going to say, "Hell No." Feel free to chastise me for not putting my wife back in the kitchen where she belongs. The fact of the matter is that without BAH she makes as much as I do, with the potential for making a lot more. (She's a CPA)
Old 12-14-2002, 06:25 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Etchy,

Unfortunately your theory is flawed. That train of logic only works for the female persuasion. For example I buy an expensive part for my car, my wife then says ok I want new couches. I say ok and we both get what we want.

What you are trying to say is ok you get your coat and then I'll get my rims. She being an accountant, cooks the books and shows you how you can't afford any rims now (after she's already got the coat). long story short, make sure you get your rims first or at least get them simultaneously.

$1,000 is a lot for a coat though, hopefully she won't want the matching purse $800 and shoes $200, and belt $150, and an outfit $500.

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Wink What to do

You could secretly order the wheels and while you are buying the jacket tell her in a joking manner that you ordered your wheels and of course she is not going to believe you and the conversation is over so when they arrive and she asked when did you order those you tell her I told you I ordered them while we were getting the $1000.00 jacket that you do not even wear. Have to try to make her feel guilty.. But Rexstang is right if she gets the coat first and having the knowledge of the $$$ then she will for sure shut you down...
Old 12-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
simple plan:
get a divorce, buy all the parts you want.
worked for me.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Exclamation

Hmmm let's see.......$1000 for a jacket in hot A$$ Hawaii that she may wear once. Not only no, but hell no! At lest you'd use your wheels everyday.

Do it like this,

If she makes so much money, let her buy the stupid jacket and don't say a word. ( This will be really hard )

Then you buy your rims and if she says one word about them, punch her in the mouth. Then tell her ( as loud and mad as possible ) that you use these everyday and that she never wears that f-ing jacket in f-ing 80.f and above hawaii.

Any questions?
Old 12-14-2002, 11:20 PM
Where is my beer?

Angry Dan needs an Anger Management Class!!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Where is my beer?

... hey, for real though, ... let her get the jacket. If that's her thing, you should support it. But talk with her before hand, if you're going to support her, she should support you.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Jacket

WoW Dan tells it like it is glad I don't live in his house he is likely to kill somebody somebody get him a drink...
Old 12-15-2002, 12:39 AM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
NoLimits plan is the best, but if you can't do it for some reason (like a kid on the way.... *SIGH*) then go with Dan's plan. However some chics dig getting punched in the mouth (my ex). So you could always go for a good tit shot.

1000 DOLLAR COAT IN HAWAII?!?!?
That is the most ****ing insane stupid *** ***** shopping lack of logic crap that I have ever ****ing heard of.

This may sound like I'm ******* your wife. Please don't take it that way. I have never met her and she may be great. We all make some dumb decisions in our life (some people like me make more than others) .... this one sounds like a doozy.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:45 AM
Angry Dan

Originally posted by ImprezaRSX
1000 DOLLAR COAT IN HAWAII?!?!?
That is the most ****ing insane stupid *** ***** shopping lack of logic crap that I have ever ****ing heard of.
I know WTF! I hate to say this but.... If your going to spend that much money, buy a good piece of jewelry at lest it will hold it's value.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:48 AM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Do you have any idea how many wives you could buy in Thailand for $1000 dollars and a passport?
Old 12-15-2002, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Exclamation Big brother is watching

Just so you know, my wife is enjoying this thread a lot

nolimit-she really likes you. She thought your advice was sound Of course, then she read your first post...

Dan-She too thinks you need a little anger-management

ImprezaRSX-she laughed... nervously

No worries, guys. I wouldn't have married my wife if she couldn't take a joke or a little abuse. She's cool with it all.

Anyway, thanks to you all, there probably won't be a $1k coat in my future.

edit REXSTANG, she mumbled something about already getting to the big PX in the sky
Old 12-15-2002, 12:58 AM
Angry Dan

Originally posted by Rexstang
Do you have any idea how many wives you could buy in Thailand for $1000 dollars and a passport?
OMG
Old 12-15-2002, 01:02 AM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
Re: Big brother is watching

Originally posted by EtchyLives
Just so you know, my wife is enjoying this thread a lot
ImprezaRSX-she laughed... nervously
Yeah she should. This isn't a good day for me... hell it's not a good two weeks. Putting up with a pregnant chic is enough to drive a man to kill... then take his car away and it's only a matter of finding the right set of salad spoons to beat someone to death with.

WHY CAN'T I FIND MY SALAD SPOONS!?!?!?!?!?
Old 12-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Angry Dan

Re: Big brother is watching

Originally posted by EtchyLives
Anyway, thanks to you all, there probably won't be a $1k coat in my future.
Good glad we could help.