Has anyone/HIIC dealt with Munky Werks Garage??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
I ordered my Bride rail from Sean, and I cant say I have any complaints. He told me how long it would take to come in, told me he'd call when they did, and he did call. Nothing surprising.

Not every shop is perfect of course, but I have no complaints. I wouldnt hesitate to go back there.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
you can also talk to him here:
http://www.hawaiitalks.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM

Car Info: s2
when i was ordering parts...i kept my business with him b/c he was good in my book at the time, so i figured id buy cusco oil catch (i know i could have gone with an online store, but if a vendor is on a roll as far as on time, honest, and decent pricing. i will keep doing business with them) but the oil catch can took a little over 4 months...havent gone back since
sean is a cool guy, but i have my doubts
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Sean is a cool guy and I have ordered parts through him. I ordered Cusco parts through him when there was no Cusco dealer here and the prices were OK. Munkywurks is a small shop and may not move the volume that certain manufacturers demand, so his order may be sacrificed to another vendor who is a top tier buyer. Yes I waited several months for my Cusco products, but I did get them. So if you plan on going to go through them, definitely discuss wait times.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
THanks for all the feedbacks guys! Well, the guy that was caught in this situation called me and he told me what went down and now everything is all squared away!!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:18 AM

Car Info: '87 corolla gts & '85 mr2
like others have said, munkywurks is a very very very good shop. sean takes care of all his customers. he can get a lot of parts in that many places can't. people in the mainland often order from him too because he can get parts that shops in the mainland can't get. obviously, i have done business with him because i drive a hachi and yes, he does take time to get parts in. however, if you call him, he will give you any updates you require on your item. he has many customers and he runs the shop all by himself so if there is lack of communication on his behalf, you should understand. i know people get antsy when they order parts because they want to put it in asap but, he beat titan's prices on parts i called for by over $100. i think waiting a little longer is worth saving over 100 bucks IMO.

overall, he's a reputable person that runs a reputable business. if it takes a while, just call him and ask. he will personally check the order and let you know anything he knows. do not hesitate to do business with him.

glad everything got squared away.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
yea like every1 was saying, Sean is freakkin awesome. I've ordered my boost controller from him and it took about a month to get it and about a week to get it installed. At that time i was thinking "WOW this is takkin pretty dang long." But after seeing that he ACTUALLY took the time out to work on my car at 7pm in the pouring rain [[well it was raining like hell but he did it in his shop =D]] and seeing that he runs the entire shop himself, i came to realize that this guy is well worth it. Plus to my gurl was sick that day and he let us stay in and watch any movie we wanted. I dont kno of any shop that would do that. But yea Sean/Munky Wurks is on my top 5 list of shop's.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 06 aspen white wrx ltd/American Electric F-150
coming from the toyota community, i know sean is an awesome guy! i think i seen every family guy episode in that shop...hahaha