Has anyone/HIIC dealt with Munky Werks Garage??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Has anyone/HIIC dealt with Munky Werks Garage??

Ok here's the situation, normally I wouldn't get involved in anyone's business but since its the Holiday season and Thanksgiving was like a few days ago, there's this cool a$$ Korean customer that came to my working place and he owns a '04 STi. Now this dude is probably in his early to mid 30's and he has a in depth background in muscle cars. He ordered a Greddy Ti full system exhaust and stage 2 exedy clutch like almost 4 months ago. A Lack of communication upon the importers part and the consumer only received 2 calls in that time span. Has this type of situation ever been experience by any of the HIIC members?? I know Chris/808 subaru brought it up once and I seen MunkyWerks Garage posted here back in 2003, but any feedback will be appreciated.

walter

P.s. He is going to go to the shop tomorrow to confront them.. Uh-oh, the Korean temper is about to flair.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 PM

sean is pretty good about these things am not to sure how hard it is to get the greddy ti exhaust from japan but if its hard to get then that might be the reason why... did he pay in full?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:16 AM

Car Info: 01 Impreza 2.5RS (GM6) & '08 Evo MR
hhmmm didn't use them for ordering parts or buying parts from them but they put a dent on the side of the GC while rolling the fenders..
Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 AM
VIP Member

^^^ Thanks for the feedback mizzy. So hows Jess doing??

Originally Posted by xursaibobx
sean is pretty good about these things am not to sure how hard it is to get the greddy ti exhaust from japan but if its hard to get then that might be the reason why... did he pay in full?
Thats what I was thinking but i dont know both parties well enough to make final and standing judgements so I just told him to be open minded yet dont be allowed to be dupped or tricked. As far as payments go, he did pay everything in full in cash. But thats all I know. Thanks Urusai

walter
Old 12-03-2008, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
No, he's not tricking anyone. From what i heard from the toyota community, he waits until he can fill a full container until he gets a shipment in. If that means waiting 6months to a year, then sometimes that's what happens.
Many people cancel their order with him b/c of this reason. I hope that helps.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
What i would do is go to... you know who R&D motorsports!
I would use him (MW)for some things, but ordering an exhaust has taken that long or more for some people.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 808subaru
No, he's not tricking anyone. From what i heard from the toyota community, he waits until he can fill a full container until he gets a shipment in. If that means waiting 6months to a year, then sometimes that's what happens.
Many people cancel their order with him b/c of this reason. I hope that helps.
Thanks Chris, you and the other HIIC members that offered feedback already solidified my assumption of him being a good guy!! I will pass on the message to him. Thanks again. You might see him at the meet if he's able to come out. I will introduce you guys to him..
Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 AM

Car Info: 01 Impreza 2.5RS (GM6) & '08 Evo MR
Originally Posted by dub81
^^^ Thanks for the feedback mizzy. So hows Jess doing??
he's ok.... iraq owns him... =( or should i say i married a government property? lol...mines as well right.....
Old 12-03-2008, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
yeah, sean is a good guy! i order a lot of parts from him.
it does take a while to come in, but that's the price you pay to get hard to find parts or parts from japan.

if you need it right away, you should tell him to ship it by air.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by rtakashi

if you need it right away, you should tell him to ship it by air.
I shiver at the thought of air shipping an exhaust from Japan. Dollah dollah bills ya'll
Old 12-03-2008, 02:50 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Bran808
I shiver at the thought of air shipping an exhaust from Japan. Dollah dollah bills ya'll
over night parts if we have to

Old 12-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Car Info: Justy
Sean/ Munky Wurks is good in my book, I have never had a complaint about him. I have ordered quite a few things from him when I had my WRX. There are times when things took a bit longer to get from Japan, but that was a given.

I can see why he waits for a full container, the shipping will be cheaper for the customer. I have seen this with lots of shops, they'll try to get you the best price on shipping, but that usually means wait time on delivery.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
well to be honest he is doing it the wrong way
unless he is being a cheap *** which i can understand
just go through a broker and hitch a ride with a container thats almost full
Old 12-03-2008, 04:01 PM

Car Info: '86 corolla GT-S/'04 STi
everyone seems to have the same story sometimes parts do take a while to get in from him. but ill share some things that he has done for me. when i snaped my axles and broke my lsd sean said he could order me a OS giken diff but it would take him a couple of months to get it in. i told him i couldnt wait because it was my daily driver so he took the lsd he was going to install on his own personal car and sold it to me. he also promised me he would align my car and finish it that day (dropped off car early evening). I got a call later saying that he was going to stay at the shop till late because he had a lot of other work to do. he had a little trouble with my car but i ended up picking up my car at 1am. Hes also helped me out on other occasions but the first thing i mentioned is pretty much why i keep going back there when i do order stuff
Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 PM

with a broker you gota pay even more fees on top of that. he brings in a lot of hard to get parts as well old school rims/ body kits/ engine parts... things he cant sell over time he reduces the prices a lot

like with every shop in hawaii shipping is what kills them the most.

Quick Reply: Has anyone/HIIC dealt with Munky Werks Garage??