Greetings from Hell

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Angry Greetings from Hell

HEY!!!!

What's up HIIC? Holy crap is it good to get away and see that there is still some sanity left in the world. You have no idea how refreshing it is to sit down and read about Subaru's and what's going on in Hawaii.

I've got to say, that I am really missing the subaru crew out in Hawaii. Of course, I' miss about everything else in real life. For those of you who don't know, I am currently at Officer Candidate School in Ft. Benning Georgia. It sucks. It completely sucks ***. I had no idea how bad this place could actually suck. It sucks more and more everyday.

Anyway, I'm just posting up to say "hi" and to let you know what's going on.

I started school just over two months ago, and I'm just now getting a chance to get out. I have about 3 weeks left until I get to leave this place. 3 VERY LONG WEEKS.

The good news is that the day before graduation, my wife is flying in with my new daughter. It really bites that I'm not able to see her, yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Her name is Sora Joye Galstad. She was born on October 5th and at that time weighed 7 lbs 8 ozs and was 15.9 in long. I've got pictures, but obviously, cannot post them.

I miss you guys a lot, and I'm dying to upgrade the car (had to put winter tires on it, so no really crazy driving for awhile) but that will have to wait.

Rock on, and drive hard.
-Greg

P.S. If you are in the Army, and are contemplating going to OCS... be forewarned. It sucks far more than you can imagine. Get out, go back to school and do ROTC, and come back in. Your sphincter will thank you.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:14 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
great to see you back on line. And OCS can't be anyworse than boot can it? Congrats on the little one. Much ALoHA
Old 10-27-2003, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
hey etchy. wassup. good to hear from you again. b
Old 10-27-2003, 04:40 PM

Sup Greg! Nice hearing from you. After OCS you will be able to make others "suck ***", right? 3 weeks will pass quickly bro! Congrats on your baby girl!
Old 10-27-2003, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Congrats on the baby!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
I feel your pain bro!!

I know it's hard to describe what it's like "in there", ... but I had always thought it'd be worse than boot camp.

You'll feel better after you drive around the city for a while in the scooby!!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:24 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Greg good to hear from ya, was wondering where you were now. Congrats on Sora! Great name too. Send up some pics when you get some.

Keep in touch and keep up the Subie pride!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Hey, Etchy Lives!!!!

Dude, you couldn't have paid me to go your route. Look at it this way, though. The one bright spot is that going your route, you're not only going to be an O1e, but you will also have no break in service. I joined the military in 1987, did 4 years, then 5 years of Reserves while in college, and have been an officer since 1996. The Army is only giving me 12 yrs of service....and no O3e. I know you're not in for the bottom line, but believe me...it does make the suck-*** cadet/candidate life and follow-on officer life a bit easier to take.

You'll be making enough dough to provide well for Sora Joye and your wife, but you will also be able to make your Suby wagon a monster project.

Good to hear from you.

ps. If you're going to be in Georgia in April, we'll have to link-up.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:03 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Congrats on your baby!

and to OCS
Old 10-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Grats and Howzit!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:44 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Originally posted by jeffildy
OCS can't be anyworse than boot can it?
It can and it does! Senior enlisted love mashing the crap out of Officer Wannabes. Its kinda like payback for the next 20 years, they just get it up front and only have 13 weeks to do it.

But when you are done you will look back on it with fond memories. Sounds sick I know but take my word for it. I miss it but I'd never do it again.

Congrats on graduating, making some real cash and your beautiful daughter.

Old 10-28-2003, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Thanks for the words of support. It really is far worse than boot. About half of our class is straight out of Basic, and they ALL agree that the perpetual mindf@ck that goes on here is far worse. It's not really physically demanding... now. The first week was hell. Fortunately, I have one of the few cars in my platoon, and now that we are authorized to get away for "official business" I am the go-to guy for rides (hence I am again at teh library with a guy doing research). Plus, everybody seems to like my driving style

iNfek I left you a PM last night, please check it out. I don't know if it's possible or not, but if so, I'll send the cash ASAP.

So how the hell is everyone? Pat, how is your son? Mike, is your 240 smoking yet? Sean, what have you done to your car? Chibby, is the beast alive? Dan, have you finished GT3A again, and how is everything going? Jayson and Joey, are you (have you) gotten STi's yet?

As for my car, I am still looking for suspension bits, and I am VERY interested in a certain VF-series turbo that was/is on Jayson's car. My Willwoods are starting to **** me off, and I think that StopTech is going to get some of my business. I need to get over to Cobb Tuning and find out if AccessECU is out, and if they have some new maps for my setup.

Anyway, laterz y'all. Muchas Mahalos for giving me some sanity, and take care.
-Greg
Old 10-28-2003, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by gpatmac
If you're going to be in Georgia in April, we'll have to link-up.
I'll be in Kentucky in April, but if things work out, I'm sure I can drive down there. It's less than a days drive from Elizabethton to Benning. Just a quick trip across Kentucky and Tennessee. Keep in touch and we'l rendezvous.
-G
Old 10-28-2003, 10:27 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
sup greg

sup dude... rock on

greg G DOGG lopez
Old 10-28-2003, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
sup greg

Quick Reply: Greetings from Hell