Forum Rules...please Read

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Forum Rules...please Read

At the top of this forum there is a thread entitled "New Site Rules". READ IT. I get emails from people that report posts that violate the site rules. Today I recieved 9 EMAILS...all from the Hawaii Forum about people dodging the swear filter. Please abide by the rules. If you don't understand, READ the thread. For example...instead of using two "s" after "a" to spell a bad word, you use two "z"...that is dodging the swear filter. I'll make it simple...STOP IT and abide by the rules. It's not cute or cool...it's immature and irritating.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Now that you mention it, yah I remember seeing some post that contained a swear word or two but of it as nothing.. Remember seeing the word that rhymes with witch twice!! Awesome job J for enforcing the laW

walter
Old 05-02-2008, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
Yeah sorry sir, for being immature and irritating. As the two zs instead of ss are im more than sure my doing.... as i dont really like to swear... and then again we are all adults, and when i see swear words used as adjectives, i cant be irritated or think that the person using those words are immature, but more like using their freedom of speech, and using swear words in an excited manor for lack of a better term. Seeing as how we are not all brilliant scholars, I could see how someone could be excited, and be like.. holy ****, thats bad *** or like w.t.****, and so on and so forth. now as far as maturity levels are concerned I dont think UNINTENTIONALLY dodging the swear filters makes someone immature and i understand as well that getting e mails about stuff like this could be irritating.... but it is no reason to get all worked up! as i remember these are open forums and being a moderator means you have to deal with the bull **** that comes along with it!! now as far as im concerned ill do you and every other moderator of this site a favor and abide by the rules and wont be dodging the swear filters any more, and i do apologize for doing so, but remember i havent done it in spite or been like screw you guys and do it anyway i just didnt consider the fact that i could be irritating someone or acting in an immature manor, as i am a grown adult with two children and a hell of alot of responsibility!! therefore im sure you could see how I am a little shocked that ANYONE would be upset at someone else for using their freedom of speech, and at least having the respect of others enough to try and mask their swear words. Now that being said ill make sure that i do not swear or avoid the swear filters anymore! i give you my word,(which is as good as gold!!!) that i will abide by your rules and regulations ON THIS SITE or on the road when we have meets and what not. I hope you dont take offense to this post as there is no offense intended just voicing my two cents!!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen White STi wid 2 AK47's in da trunk!
^^ eazy tyga
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 PM

lol!!^^^ im chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 07 forester x
Originally Posted by alienbreed69
Yeah sorry sir, for being immature and irritating. As the two zs instead of ss are im more than sure my doing.... as i dont really like to swear... and then again we are all adults, and when i see swear words used as adjectives, i cant be irritated or think that the person using those words are immature, but more like using their freedom of speech, and using swear words in an excited manor for lack of a better term. Seeing as how we are not all brilliant scholars, I could see how someone could be excited, and be like.. holy ****, thats bad *** or like w.t.****, and so on and so forth. now as far as maturity levels are concerned I dont think UNINTENTIONALLY dodging the swear filters makes someone immature and i understand as well that getting e mails about stuff like this could be irritating.... but it is no reason to get all worked up! as i remember these are open forums and being a moderator means you have to deal with the bull **** that comes along with it!! now as far as im concerned ill do you and every other moderator of this site a favor and abide by the rules and wont be dodging the swear filters any more, and i do apologize for doing so, but remember i havent done it in spite or been like screw you guys and do it anyway i just didnt consider the fact that i could be irritating someone or acting in an immature manor, as i am a grown adult with two children and a hell of alot of responsibility!! therefore im sure you could see how I am a little shocked that ANYONE would be upset at someone else for using their freedom of speech, and at least having the respect of others enough to try and mask their swear words. Now that being said ill make sure that i do not swear or avoid the swear filters anymore! i give you my word,(which is as good as gold!!!) that i will abide by your rules and regulations ON THIS SITE or on the road when we have meets and what not. I hope you dont take offense to this post as there is no offense intended just voicing my two cents!!
well that just about sums up on everything i have to say
and sorry if i do dodge the swear filters i can promise you that they are NOT in any way intentional!!

sometimes it just comes out that way but i usually go and preview my posts
before posting and i use a spell check that doesn't recognize a swear word so i can edit it out at that time before i post!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Staff Member

I'm not saying you are immature...but when you intentionally spell out a word incorrectly to avoid having it changed by the filter, that is immature. Let's be honest...you know how to spell that word, so it was intentional.

I'm not upset or worked up...I'm just reminding people to do their part, otherwise I have to do my part and put people in time out and stuff like that. It is an open forum, but there are rules to this open forum and they have to be followed.

No hard feelings...
Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 PM

roger that!!! no hard feeling on my part either for sure!! just know the ONLY reason i misspell or i should say used to misspell words wasnt to avoid the swear filter but more out of respect for the peeps who dont want to see the real word.. but like i said wont happen again peace!! oh and you would have to admit that avoiding the swear filter shouldnt even be an issue in my opinion there shouldnt even be a swear filter this is america damn it!! last time i checked this is a free country that provides to its citizens the freedom to say whatever the hell they want!! i mean seriously i can go on myspace and see more swearing and offensive material than i would even want to see and you can be anyone to see that site i mean even MY kids 3-6 can go on that site and see what ive stated so....... not to ramble just making a point and throwing down some knowledge for the peeps who need to know........... hows that for run on sentencing??? hahaha

Last edited by alienbreed69; 05-02-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
not to play devils advocate here and joey i know ur my biggest fan but lets be serious here.....what person in todays day and age does know what i mean when i say " **** you" or "you're such a little *****" or "you smell like my dog's ***"? i mean i know the filters are there to keep the actual word from being used but it's not like we don't all know the meaning of the *'s. what about creative words that are used in place of the "bad" words like **** or breasticles? are those bad too or is it ok as long as it is a completely different word? eh screw it i lost interest already.....who wants cake?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:02 AM

^^it let me say *** lol
Old 05-03-2008, 12:02 AM

^^^and again hehehe....does that make it acceptable?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:46 AM

Car Info: 08 Evo X
man i wanted to be "that guy" so bad and drop a little quote from old school when the kid puts on ear muffs and frank throws out some swear words. but im an adult so ill just laugh at the idea that couldve been... i am immature
Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
not to play devils advocate here and joey i know ur my biggest fan but lets be serious here.....what person in todays day and age does know what i mean when i say " **** you" or "you're such a little *****" or "you smell like my dog's ***"? i mean i know the filters are there to keep the actual word from being used but it's not like we don't all know the meaning of the *'s. what about creative words that are used in place of the "bad" words like **** or breasticles? are those bad too or is it ok as long as it is a completely different word? eh screw it i lost interest already.....who wants cake?
reading that just made me laugh so thank you i can always use a good one!! it reminded me of the orbit gum commercials out right now that use funny phrases instead of swear words its pretty funny!!! its actually a good idea it gives the user room to be creative!!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Staff Member

Sheesh...I'm just trying to remind you guys of the rules. That's all.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:29 PM

yeah but you gotta admit that starting a thread like this is good for the soul!! as well as good for a reminder to all of us that there are rules! i gotta thank you for starting this thread as it gave me a chance to vent!! and im sure it gave other peeps a chance to get in some entertaining reading

Quick Reply: Forum Rules...please Read