The end of HIIC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 05:05 PM

Car Info: Subaru GC8 Type-R
Unhappy The end of HIIC?

So I've notice since I came back to the Subaru scene thinking that it would be open arms and shakas all over the place but ever since I came back it's like everything is opposite and not much love in the streets nowadays.

Is it because of this newer generation of WRX/STi owners that it's been going down hill? I also heard about 808subies with stories about them and how everyone or almost everyone from i-Club went over to them.

What is your take on this and will i-Club ever be the same and will the Subaru community still have love for each other on the streets and out?.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:36 PM

Maybe we should schedule a meet to revive the crew.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza
meAt tomorrow! but I'm more excited for a cruise
Old 06-06-2016, 11:49 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
All the OG's moved on....

like I should.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:29 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
It really just gets to a point where you don't need to ask questions, or want to answer them, and it's more of a social thing. Unfortunately the social thing is just easier to manage via facebook or the like. Honestly I mainly use iclub to buy and sell stuff.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:33 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
it's too bad none of the OGs have time to make a FB group and only invite those who aren't ****boys. Some of the people in those groups.....ugh
Old 06-08-2016, 12:41 AM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza
Originally Posted by Krang
It really just gets to a point where you don't need to ask questions, or want to answer them, and it's more of a social thing. Unfortunately the social thing is just easier to manage via facebook or the like. Honestly I mainly use iclub to buy and sell stuff.
haha yeah true, mainly just to buy and sell stuff. (like the strut brace!! haha). and then check for meets and occasional cruises.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:26 AM

I think we are doing a meet Saturday for team_subaru15_hi if you guys are interested. I'll post the details when the are set. Pretty sure it's at BWW in EWA around lunch.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by pearsor1
I think we are doing a meet Saturday for team_subaru15_hi if you guys are interested. I'll post the details when the are set. Pretty sure it's at BWW in EWA around lunch.
Bdubs Ewa at 12
Old 06-08-2016, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
it's too bad none of the OGs have time to make a FB group and only invite those who aren't ****boys. Some of the people in those groups.....ugh
Don't even kid, you love it. What would you do without some noob to flame? Think how bored you would be....
Old 06-21-2016, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
LOL Justin...

yeah...it's not the same at all anymore...not like we were.

Some of us are still around, we just have other responsibilities now.

I hang out at 808subie on FB to buy/sell parts...come on over to Subylife my friend...it's where the OG's are...
Old 06-30-2016, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
the problem here is that instead of being a group, small cliches make their own groups and cruises and then act a fool every where they go and when confronted about it they deny or have some sort of lame excuse or say why is everyone picking on me and have all their internet friends come and try and help hide the undeniable truth.

the newbies love FB so the proper forums aren't used anymore though all the info they seek is just beyond the search button and clicking search.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:35 PM

Let's make it like it was then. I'm new to this group but since I've been on island I've made it to every meet. There are a lot of other groups but as long as there is a dedicated subie group that does meets and cruises, I'll be there. I did start up another FB page😅 because at the time 808subie was secret so I didn't think there was one. You guys are welcome to use it to post IClub stuff too. It's open to all subies. It's Aloha Subaru. Nothing flashy. Lol. See you guys Friday.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by pearsor1
Let's make it like it was then. I'm new to this group but since I've been on island I've made it to every meet. There are a lot of other groups but as long as there is a dedicated subie group that does meets and cruises, I'll be there. I did start up another FB page😅 because at the time 808subie was secret so I didn't think there was one. You guys are welcome to use it to post IClub stuff too. It's open to all subies. It's Aloha Subaru. Nothing flashy. Lol. See you guys Friday.
I don't think you're understanding completely.

It isn't just one or a few people affecting the entire group. It's the vast majority of newer owners that make it so.

This "club" used to be about more than just getting internet famous and known as we know today. We used to do multiple charitable events and held high standards and a level of maturity of our owners (or that's how i saw it anyway). Back in the day, our cars and owners were never seen or second guessed at doing stupid **** on public roads and being chased out of places. It was almost never heard of that you'd see a suby pulled over on the side of the road. The police never gave us a second look really. We never were really associated with negativity in my eyes. It's as though the mentality of the newer owners (not all of them) has changed and is totally different. We also knew each other on a personal level and would frequently get together outside of "club business"

I understand what you're saying and trying to do. It's appreciated. I used to have a lot of good memories associated with the members of this club and a lot of my life used to be associated with this place. But as we grow, our needs and priorities change along with what's a necessity.

I and a few other OG's lurk here occasionally along with 808subie on FB. I for one look for a glimmer of hope and change but like all non-essentials it takes a back seat to priorities. If the club could/would return to it's former self or change as the members grow in maturity I'm sure there would be a bigger presence.

I will look for your group on FB. I will also think about coming out as well. LOL
Old 06-30-2016, 11:27 PM

I understand what you're saying. No worries. I am looking for that kind of group. Good people that have something in common and create friendships. I just moved here so I don't really know anyone. I have a lot of good friends from my other car groups so that's what I expected.

Last edited by pearsor1; 06-30-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: The end of HIIC?