Dashcam Laws in Hawaii?

Old 07-26-2014, 02:45 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Dashcam Laws in Hawaii?

I was thinking about installing a dashcam onto my car and not sure if there were any laws about having one on. Anyone know?
Old 07-26-2014, 08:41 AM

Car Info: FXT/ 1999 Legacy L /2007 OB/ 71 240z
I have one, on all my cars. There is no law in any state that would prohibit use of a dash cam, also its really nice here. Its amazing how nice cops become when you tell them they are being recorded.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by devilzdriver
I have one, on all my cars. There is no law in any state that would prohibit use of a dash cam, also its really nice here. Its amazing how nice cops become when you tell them they are being recorded.
Awesome, what kind do you have? I was looking for one that has the capability of being on when the car is parked because I will have to park my car in some sketchy parking for my work.

Also, I've heard stories that once an insurance company knows you have a dashcam they could issue a subpoena for the videos recorded in order to get you in trouble. I'm not a reckless driver by any means but I do like to drive fast when it's safe around lol
Old 07-26-2014, 07:07 PM

Car Info: FXT/ 1999 Legacy L /2007 OB/ 71 240z
Originally Posted by girkip
Awesome, what kind do you have? I was looking for one that has the capability of being on when the car is parked because I will have to park my car in some sketchy parking for my work.

Also, I've heard stories that once an insurance company knows you have a dashcam they could issue a subpoena for the videos recorded in order to get you in trouble. I'm not a reckless driver by any means but I do like to drive fast when it's safe around lol
So, as for dash cams you kinda gotta shop around and see what you want. There are TONS of cams, and the only way you know what to get is to see what it has to offer you. Mine are super simple and cheap, good enough to get plates and the basics. Now you are right about insurance companies being able to subpoena video footage but thats not right away. I always keep the mic off so that way there is no incriminating evidence, and my files are all sectionalized, if they where to subpoena you only give whats relevant.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:40 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru WRX STI
i have two really good dashcams not in use atm. mom-in-law bought em for me and my girl and she uses it in her mercedez but i have enough gauges and accessport craziness going on that i decided to use without. lmk if u wanna check one out
Old 08-01-2014, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by hipnotyknick
i have two really good dashcams not in use atm. mom-in-law bought em for me and my girl and she uses it in her mercedez but i have enough gauges and accessport craziness going on that i decided to use without. lmk if u wanna check one out
What's the brand? I'll look it up!