BRZ Lottery Info @ Waialae Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
In my opinion if you're cross shopping this car with the Focus St or WRX....you're better off with the ST or WRX. In the end this car, the initial one, is for a niche group of auto enthusiasts. If you don't think you're one, you probably aren't one. As for waiting for improved version, well again if you want more power wait. Power isn't everything to everybody and 200 HP is more than adequate for someone of my driving capabilities.

As for me, I don't care about going fast and winning races. I've been the doormat of STU for a year and I know that won't change once I jump to STX with this car. 200HP is enough for me, I just want a car that feels good and makes me feel good. It's all that matters to me, the feeling.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Alright people, just get it and learn how to drive. Many have become spoiled by electronic safety nets and AWD while forgetting how to really drive. Like Mark said, it's gonna take skill to REALLY enjoy this car. Hype is stupid, but it does help sell cars. Hop in a Miata and try to drive it really hard. If it doesn't satisfy you, then this car will probably not either. I predict that a lot of fanboys will buy this car, realize that they expected too much out of it, get smoked by the Mazdaspeed 3 in the next lane, and then call the car crap then sell it for something "faster". This could be a good thing for those who really would appreciate what this car is as they can pick up relatively new secondhand BRZs and FR-Ss for less than new.

Car not fast enough? Learn it more. It's not too often that something this pure and significant comes along on the market.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Car Info: The Bus, Country Express Fool!
Originally Posted by touge-n00b
.....In the end this car, the initial one, is for a niche group of auto enthusiasts. If you don't think you're one, you probably aren't one. As for waiting for improved version, well again if you want more power wait........ Power isn't everything to everybody and 200 HP is more than adequate for someone of my driving capabilities.....It's all that matters to me, the feeling.
Good point, well said.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 99 M3,91 SSM Miata,00 CSP Miata,RX330 DD
my car is not fast enough, i think it may have around 200hp... brz > miata. with lots of mods, big tires, and lots of practice!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:13 AM

Car Info: cars
i don't know how to drive fast but i still want one... i just might have to consider getting rid of one of my cars to do it
Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by WRXed
i don't know how to drive fast but i still want one... i just might have to consider getting rid of one of my cars to do it
Yeah me too. The Blue one is pretty sweet. Maybe I'll go with the Scion.

Damn Joey, stop talking about it already!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by Shiba
I pretty sure you older guys can remember when the 02 WRXs came out. I still remember people waiting in line to buy one at the old Subaru dealership in Waipahu. Yeah theres hype, just like when the EVO, SRT4, GTO, Camaro all came out. Here is what Im afraid of, lets say I get a BRZ. Then 2 or 3 years down the road Subaru comes out with a STI version. Will it be N/A? Will the FR-S offer a TRD Supercharger? Will the BR-Z be the next hyped up sports car to fall short (remember the RSX?). And finally in 2013/2014 the new 2 door hatch WRX will come out on its own platform. Rumors say it will be based on the BR-Z(these are rumors dont quote me). Should I wait 2 more years? Or dare I say it......... get a Ford Focus RS. But I will still head down to Servco to kick the tires on the BR-Z, see ya guys at the lottery.
Completly agree and I'm one of those people he's talking about. I learned my lesson on this. I purchased the 2002 WRX, and regretted it immediately as soon as they brought out the STi. I have already decided I'm just waiting till they bring out the special edition versions, and the newness has worn out.

You can bet they are going to sell these first editions as a premium as well, probably with markup.

We're already setting aside money for a new BRZ or FT86, but it won't be until they've gotten out of this crazy purchase war. NO thanks. Don't want to go through the same thing twice.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
Deleted

Last edited by chochocho; 05-21-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by corytomo
my car is not fast enough, i think it may have around 200hp... brz > miata. with lots of mods, big tires, and lots of practice!
It does require a lot of practice to drive that car fast...I still hate you
Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 99 M3,91 SSM Miata,00 CSP Miata,RX330 DD
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
It does require a lot of practice to drive that car fast...I still hate you
you better learn how to drive your GC next season! heehee! i'm in the same boat though, have to relearn how to drive... the F500 is a completely different animal.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:31 PM

Any updates on the lottery?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by Shiba
Any updates on the lottery?
it's pau from my understanding
Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Car Info: Mbp 02 wrx vf34/ra gears
Man u gotta see this car in person and sit in it and take a drive around the block to appreciate it....pics do it no justice...btw nice car touge! Lol!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by quikb0y
Man u gotta see this car in person and sit in it and take a drive around the block to appreciate it....pics do it no justice...btw nice car touge! Lol!
I will say nothing until Saturday.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 PM

So Im guessing the winners were already notified and will be "officially" given the keys Saturday.

Quick Reply: BRZ Lottery Info @ Waialae Subaru