A BRZ exploded

Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
You can feel how you want to feel about what I say and how I think, but I dont give two ****z, you come off as rude and a huge *****. I said I like the BRZ! I just think it't under powered and cost far to much! who said anything about "noz" cause I said nothing about it. Chill out and let people think what they want!
Dont worry about him. He needs to make himself feel better by not letting you have an opinion.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:15 AM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
For those doubting the filter placement, Perrin did a good job showing this vehicle. Second picture down is your answer for if it is a mess or not.. Spoiler alert: It's not!

BRZ Exposed by PERRIN - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
Thanks for the link! appears to be a way better design the anything else ive ever seen!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
Dont worry about him. He needs to make himself feel better by not letting you have an opinion.
yet again you entirely miss the point. i'll dumb it down for you since i know you have a hard time with big words and sarcasm. if you want a 500hp subaru, buy an STI and mod it. if you want a turbo BRZ, buy one and turbo that sucker. saying that a car should be something it was intentionally built not to be is retarded. you can have your opinions but if you put them out there for the world to see, don't get butthurt when someone disagrees with you. could i have said it nicer or let it go? maybe. would he have learned anything if i did? probably not.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STI
Originally Posted by touge-n00b
Dunno, power feels adequate to me....

And feh, turbo lag? No thank you.
wouldn't a lag and then feeling the powah be better than never feeling it @ all? eternal turbo lag due to lack of turbo
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 99 M3,91 SSM Miata,00 CSP Miata,RX330 DD
Originally Posted by sickmt
wouldn't a lag and then feeling the powah be better than never feeling it @ all? eternal turbo lag due to lack of turbo
No, not at all. Turbo lag vs NA response and power feel completely different. Dyno sheets all over the place show that. IT's more about power curve and response that make a big difference. It all does depend on your goals though, if you're a freeway racer, then you want that big turbo. If you autox, you want that quick response with predictable power delivery. I drove a 700+whp supra on an autox course.... and it sucked. The dyno chart said it had 250whp at 3k rpms, but it really did not accellerate or feel at all good. And then the boost hit and it was undriveable.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:03 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by sickmt
Seriously, am I not wired right or something? The BRZ honestly feels fast enough to satisfied my needs for a street car. You don't NEED to have any more power or to go faster in a street car, it's just irresponsible and dangerous.

Last edited by touge-n00b; 06-01-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:58 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Agreed. Throttle response > On/Off power switch of a gas pedal, especially anywhere there are corners. I've hit violent boost mid corner on a mountain and that was scary as f*ck! I don't care that the car was 280rwhp and weighed a ton and a half. I would have gone around faster in a more predictable, better balanced car.

Balance > Dyno charts.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 2011 swp wrx 5dr
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
Agreed. Throttle response > On/Off power switch of a gas pedal, especially anywhere there are corners. I've hit violent boost mid corner on a mountain and that was scary as f*ck! I don't care that the car was 280rwhp and weighed a ton and a half. I would have gone around faster in a more predictable, better balanced car.

Balance > Dyno charts.
not to bag on you, but if you "hit violent boost" mid corner, you need to re evaluate your entry speed, lines and throttle input during aggressive driving
Old 06-01-2012, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by markyboi
not to bag on you, but if you "hit violent boost" mid corner, you need to re evaluate your entry speed, lines and throttle input during aggressive driving
True. However, I believed my entry speed and line were about right. The throttle input is what got me. On/Off nature during power delivery isn't quite ideal for finessing a turn. Power went from lag to OMGWTFPSi in an instant and caught me off guard, not to mention the upsetting of the car's balance. This may not have been an issue in a car with a more accessible, predictable, and controllable powerband.

Having said that, the sad reality is that 98% of the people here cannot fully control a car that has more than 250hp to the ground (me included). I'm not talking about freeways or drag racing, I'm talking about the fun stuff.

So until I (and everybody else) learn how to really drive a car upwards of 250ish hp, I really have no business in a high powered lag/boost machine.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by touge-n00b
You don't NEED to have any more power or to go faster in a street car, it's just irresponsible and dangerous.
Winner!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 2007 STi GTX3076R
Having a 400whp STi there is really no place to drive this thing all out. Don't get me wrong fun as hell to drive but theres no drag strip or track on this island to use that power.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
What has happened to the car enthusiast community....... It's called a purpose, and 500hp is way too much for what this car is supposed to be. It DOESN'T need an IS-F motor, maybe only for D1 standards but I'd love to see someone even try what Orido does... How can it be better with lag if you can't accelerate out of a hairpin turn?

Name:  6a7gC.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  40.5 KB

I want to not live in this country anymore.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:25 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Go drive a corvette zo6 its over 500hp and its not to much power at all! Just cause people don't have the skills to handle a 500hp car does not mean that many can't.. If you don't like this country leave, complaining does nothing.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Go drive a corvette zo6 its over 500hp and its not to much power at all! Just cause people don't have the skills to handle a 500hp car does not mean that many can't.. If you don't like this country leave, complaining does nothing.
yea people like this guy obviously went through a lot of trouble to get to this country....or just didn't go to school. seriously someone needs to check the water in your house for lead. there's a reason that most cars aren't made with more than 350hp guy and no matter what you say 350hp is plenty for anything but the strip. you've got some serious issues with your thinking if you believe everyone is a dyno queen like you. it's not all about power and never should be. without balance, power is just an accident waiting to happen. but you go ahead and keep building for 500hp, lmk how your commute to work is....and yes, i think l will have fries with that
Old 06-02-2012, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
Hold your horses people! hp is great and all and thats probably why most people bought a wrx/sti over a base impreza. That being said 500hp is in my eyes perfect because i dont autox but im uber spirited on the freeways. though if i decided to auto x, i wouldnt want the ponies. I would head towards torque to be able to maintain my speed comig out of corners. this is all theoretical for me since ive never hit the track so thats my very poor two cents.

Last edited by LegAC_GT; 06-02-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A BRZ exploded