Body Shop Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
Angry Body Shop Recommendation

Wife decided that car-ports are capable of being hit. All damage on the driver side, the bumper is pulled away & forward (she was backing out), & the fender is creased under the orange side marker.
My insurance is with Geico. Has anyone had any experience with dealing with them, and does anyone have good body / paint shop recommendations? Such a good day gone wrong.............
Old 11-30-2003, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 2003 Z06
Sorry to hear about the mishap.

If you haven't heard about JL Autobody, you might want to check them out. Joel over there is one of the up & coming body & fender guys from what I hear. Also, if you got the hook up Daniel Shin (Formerly of Monks Custom Paint) is a good guy to see.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:39 PM

Trying to go without insurance being used if at all possible....could this possibly cure the bumper issue? Looks like it's coming from Canada, & I'm not sure if there's a concern there... It's unpainted, but if it would fit, painting shouldn't be too hard to get done..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2445363587
Old 11-30-2003, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
see stan or george at schuman in beretania. he will give you a great price on it.

honestly i wouldn't waste a dime on ebay on those body parts. theres no real picture of the condition anyway.

it costed me about 1400 to paint, fit, and parts to replace my passenger side fender and bumper.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by Dave@EFI
Sorry to hear about the mishap.

If you haven't heard about JL Autobody, you might want to check them out. Joel over there is one of the up & coming body & fender guys from what I hear. Also, if you got the hook up Daniel Shin (Formerly of Monks Custom Paint) is a good guy to see.
Joel painted all of my body pieces....a bit pricey, but no paint issues yet
Old 12-01-2003, 06:25 PM

I had my wife call (work...no time for me) & she talked to Wayne over at Schuman. Seemed like a real nice guy. Looks like around $800 to replace bumper & fix fender, or high $600's to repair bumper & fender, with paint & labor.
I think I'm going to check out subaruparts.com & see if I can get the parts any cheaper than that, then have Schuman do the work. Wayne told me they have a 25% markup on those parts, and the labor to fix the bumper was going to be around $171...(it's only $179 for new OEM unpainted bumper).
Question now is....should I maybe just go ahead & get an aftermarket bumper? I've looked at them a little, but was saving those ideas for after at least a little bit of power mods. Anymore ideas concerning getting the parts, or aftermarket stuff would be appreciated...I'll get a pic up tonight of the damage as well
Old 12-02-2003, 11:45 PM

I definitely know where you're comin' from HaynGameShooter.....I think I have the ultimate solution...take $500 or less, get an 89 Accord or somethin' for the girls.....PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! hehehe

Top Secret body kit, huh? hmmmmmmm..... wouldn't wanna steal your style, but does Johnny have a few good selections? I've dealt with him before & came out real happy. Funny, I was just looking at doing a whole body kit & having the fender repaired....wouldn't cost me all that much more than my estimate to do both, but I can't decide on what kit to get, nor have I found all the available ones....maybe just OEM bumper & a cool lip would do the trick...