General Tech / How To's / Installations Technical discussions about the USDM 2008+ WRX and WRX STi.

2010 wrx waterpump help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrx
2010 wrx waterpump help

So i just recently had a issue with the motor in my wrx being newer kinda suprised but anyway i ordered a new timing kit with a new water pump just a gates kit, i get the kit today and the water pump is that same as what came off the car besides one port that comes out the side of the water pump. the water pump that came off the car only has the 2 ports the new one has 3 i have done a lil research and see that mostly every water i have seen has 3 ports. i am just looing for some answers as far as what the 3rd port is for and why does the one that came from the factory only have 2 and as far as ordering another kit when i called around to different companys they have all told me that what it shows is that my car is supposed to have the water pump with 3 ports. not sure if anyone has had any problems like this but just looking for some answers/ help please
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 2008 SSM WRX Premium
Originally Posted by rexpower10
So i just recently had a issue with the motor in my wrx being newer kinda suprised but anyway i ordered a new timing kit with a new water pump just a gates kit, i get the kit today and the water pump is that same as what came off the car besides one port that comes out the side of the water pump. the water pump that came off the car only has the 2 ports the new one has 3 i have done a lil research and see that mostly every water i have seen has 3 ports. i am just looing for some answers as far as what the 3rd port is for and why does the one that came from the factory only have 2 and as far as ordering another kit when i called around to different companys they have all told me that what it shows is that my car is supposed to have the water pump with 3 ports. not sure if anyone has had any problems like this but just looking for some answers/ help please
Aren't you still under warranty???
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrx
because i have a ewg i am not covered under warrenty