General Tech / How To's / Installations Technical discussions about the USDM 2008+ WRX and WRX STi.

08' drivers roll call!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Got it, congrats and good luck! Keep us posted on your mods.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
In 2010 I am gonna get my new STI......but your cars look great
Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 PM

Car Info: 2008 sti
WR Blue 08 sti base model (no BBS or NAV)...

future mods: front and rear sways when they become available and perrin AP with sufficient funds (maybe even stage 2) ...
Old 04-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Just sold my stage 2 2002 WRX (120,00 miles). I now have a 2008 White WRX, love it...but it needs a few minor changes!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Congrats on your guys Scooby's. I still think they are ugly but to each thier own. One thing I noticed and maybe you guys can get on your fellow 08 owners.

NO SUBIE WAVE MAN WTF 08's
You see another subie owner give a wave or a nod or something. DOnt think you are better than us cuz you have a newer, yet uglier, subaru. I love all subies but i think the 06-07 are the best looking ones.

See my car @ www.cardomain.com/id/irish_car_b0mb

SO as of right now until they change thier attitude towards fellow subie owners, I think they are not one of us.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:12 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08
lol, are we a cult now? Only enthusiasts nod or wave to each other, or people who are on some type of forum. Has nothing to do with what year subie you own. I love the way all of them look. I dont think 08's are the best looking just because I own one. I think every year has something really good about them that stands out. If you are a real subaru enthusiast you dont bash any year or makes. If you want the same looking car for 10 years with a different body kit then get a mustang. Everyone thought the 06's were butt ugly when they came out but we all love em now.

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Congrats on your guys Scooby's. I still think they are ugly but to each thier own. One thing I noticed and maybe you guys can get on your fellow 08 owners.

You see another subie owner give a wave or a nod or something. DOnt think you are better than us cuz you have a newer, yet uglier, subaru. I love all subies but i think the 06-07 are the best looking ones.

SO as of right now until they change thier attitude towards fellow subie owners, I think they are not one of us.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 PM

I wave to every Subie i see, none have ever waved back to me, but i continue to wave. Maybe you can be the first.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by thaSicness
lol, are we a cult now? Only enthusiasts nod or wave to each other, or people who are on some type of forum. Has nothing to do with what year subie you own. I love the way all of them look. I dont think 08's are the best looking just because I own one. I think every year has something really good about them that stands out. If you are a real subaru enthusiast you dont bash any year or makes. If you want the same looking car for 10 years with a different body kit then get a mustang. Everyone thought the 06's were butt ugly when they came out but we all love em now.
Everyone loved the 06's and 07's dude. A lot of people hate the 08's look at the poll i started.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/do-you-like-how-08-looks-yes-no-182658/

And if you werent an enthusiast why would you be on a forum about these cars. Yes i am a real enthusiast, but yes i hate the 08's body style. And no not only "enthusiast" wave to each other cuz i see everyone out there (mainly north bay cuz thats all i drive) waving to each other. Unless its an 08 im passing everyone waves. The 08's are the only ones i never see wave. i have heard this from many people. Maybe its cuz they are new to the community, and thats fine. But for those who have been previous owners thats no excuse. Where is the team spirit huh. Maybe we could be considered a cult of some sort. We arent as crazy as the Bimmer people, but we have our fair share of die-hard fans.

I think subaru will lose a lot of sales with the look of the 08's and I will be ashamed to related to the 09 if what I saw is really gonna be what it looks like.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:31 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182658

And if you werent an enthusiast why would you be on a forum about these cars. Yes i am a real enthusiast, but yes i hate the 08's body style. And no

I think subaru will lose a lot of sales with the look of the 08's and I will be ashamed to related to the 09 if what I saw is really gonna be what it looks like.
With all the hate and negativity you are spewing, I wouldn't wave to you either...and I ALWAYS wave!

You made a poll about it? Have you been abused by an '08? WOW!!! You know what they say..."if you don't have anything nice to say..."
Old 04-09-2008, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza Brighton bone stock sadly
Is there any '08 out there that aren't hatchback?? all i've seen is hatchbacks and i'm not sure if I like the look(just a personal opinion) so i was wondering bout sedans?? if so post some pics
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 AM

I have the sedan,

Name:  CIMG1899.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  136.6 KB

Name:  CIMG1897.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  118.5 KB
Old 04-13-2008, 03:11 AM

Car Info: 2008 Impreza WRX STi (RearWheelDrive)
hail to all subies,

Mods: 8000k bulb swap, 5300k hid fog.
Future Mods: catted DP, taking out the resonator, map

for pics web: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561751785SWeOrI
Old 05-12-2008, 01:27 AM

Car Info: 08 STi
I also have an 08, WRB Base Model STI -.- I'm waiting...saving up for rims and Accessport. I don't know if anyone's seen me around SJ/BayArea just yet,although I do commute. Oh yea, I met a guy at Milpitas Square with a White 08 with the BBS package, who told me about i-club, and now I'm here. Name:  HPIM1707.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  12.8 KB

Last edited by MiataMike87; 05-12-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:30 AM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Everyone loved the 06's and 07's dude. A lot of people hate the 08's look at the poll i started.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182658

And if you werent an enthusiast why would you be on a forum about these cars. Yes i am a real enthusiast, but yes i hate the 08's body style. And no not only "enthusiast" wave to each other cuz i see everyone out there (mainly north bay cuz thats all i drive) waving to each other. Unless its an 08 im passing everyone waves. The 08's are the only ones i never see wave. i have heard this from many people. Maybe its cuz they are new to the community, and thats fine. But for those who have been previous owners thats no excuse. Where is the team spirit huh. Maybe we could be considered a cult of some sort. We arent as crazy as the Bimmer people, but we have our fair share of die-hard fans.

Hmm agree with your opinions on the body style. I would say I'm an enthusiast but I have negative opinions about the 08 aesthetics. I think styling went downhill ever since 04-05 and even that car wasn't very pleasing. However I think Subaru will sell them regardless if they're subjectively ugly or not.

Sean
Old 05-14-2008, 01:20 AM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
sup guys heres a little on my car,

Model: 2008Impreza 2.5i
Transmission: Auto - what a bad mistake
Exterior: Dark Obsidian Black
Interior: Cream?
Rims: 18" gun metal MR7 Motegi Wheels
Tires: 225/40/18 Nexen N3000

Plans:
OEM Spoiler from WRX sedan
get new exhaust or possibly just purchase OEM tips.

suggestions take of course.

Quick Reply: 08' drivers roll call!