Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

some one with a survice manual for 2000 2.5rs

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
some one with a survice manual for 2000 2.5rs

I need a bit of help... could some one please look in there survice manual for the rear o2 sensor wireing. I just bought a o2 sim and i need to know what wires are what...
Also if any one has any write ups on how to do this it would help.. the instructions are lacking...
what i got with the kit a femail connector with a red, purple, and tan wires comming from it. and a mail connector with the same wires going to a little black box. the insturctions are less than insightfull.
"be sure you can identivy which sensor feed is pozitive 12v and then secure the red pigtail wire to it. also be sure you can identify which of the sensor wires is ground, secure the tan wire to that connection."
so what do i do with the purple one? is there only 3 wries on the o2 sensor or are there 4?
lots of little questions in here but if any one could please just find me a diagram of the stock o2 wrieing that would be great..
oh the car is a 2000 impreza 2.5rs.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:10 AM

Car Info: 99 Impreza RS
i have the wiring diagram. i just have to find it! i'll get back to you as soon as i can.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 AM

cool thanx
Old 08-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
you can also try your local dealership... I've been to a dealership before where I can borrow their service manuals and read it right there (can't take it with me). But then again, I kinda know those guys as well... good luck!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:17 PM

rage13, did you get a chance to look it up yet??
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 AM

I just finished putting the AVO turbo kit in my RS and they sent me the complete wiring diagram (three or four pieces of paper). I looked for it quickly yesterday, but I'll have to do a more extensive search today when I get home from work. I just hope my wife didn't throw them away!! Sorry for the delay.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:45 AM

NP... when every/if ever, you find it lemme know. Im just getting edgie... I have the pipe in and the light is just getting annoying now..
btw how do you like the AVO kit.. like most, I was planning to ethar pick that up in the future or find a wrecked sti down the road..
Old 08-03-2005, 10:36 AM

The AVO kit is awesome! Right now I'm waiting on a new clutch, because the stock clutch is beat (as expected). I'm running at 4 psi (6 psi is recommended) and even at that it is a huge difference. I work for a company that buys wrecked cars for parts, good luck buying a STi for less than 10 grand! I think the AVO kit is the way to go because it involves a whole lot less wiring. My friend and I put mine on in about 2 weeks in my garage. We had a few problems but nothing major. Oh, I read your other thread about your exhaust, I also am running Borla headers, but I have the Borla cat back. Good power and great boxer engine tone.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by rage13
The AVO kit is awesome! Right now I'm waiting on a new clutch, because the stock clutch is beat (as expected). I'm running at 4 psi (6 psi is recommended) and even at that it is a huge difference. I work for a company that buys wrecked cars for parts, good luck buying a STi for less than 10 grand! I think the AVO kit is the way to go because it involves a whole lot less wiring. My friend and I put mine on in about 2 weeks in my garage. We had a few problems but nothing major. Oh, I read your other thread about your exhaust, I also am running Borla headers, but I have the Borla cat back. Good power and great boxer engine tone.
Great to hear.. yes i too have noticed the extream price of the sti's... I am actully talking about 4-5 years untill i get around to the swapp... I am planning on going with an sti 6speed swapp eather way I go.. so if im paying 3g for all the stuff for the trans swap any way might as well kick in the extra for the engine and other bits.
so hopefully eather the kit or the wrecked sti's will drop drasticaly in price within the next 4 years.