Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Need Help with Subaru L Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Legacy L Wagon
Need Help with Subaru L Wagon

I have a 1999 Subaru L Wagon and I am wanting to make it fast. I need some tips on making my car more performance orriented. If you have any suggestions on engine, suspension, exhaust, wheels and tires, body kits, intakes, ect. please let me know

Last edited by LWagontuner; 11-08-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:52 PM

Car Info: Audi Q5 aka "the old man wagon"
do it ebay :-D

i have a 2000 L sport wagon. so im in the same situation as you. things ive done for preformance are:
engine:
Borla headers
Megan Racing cat-back exhaust, but any of them will work
Bomz lightweight underdrive pulley
the el-cheap-o intake off ebay. actually made a difference
suspension:
KYB-AGX struts.
front and rear upper strut bars.
some un named lowering kit, for about $30. works great too.

everything here is on ebay and its pretty cheap. if money isnt a problem then i would suggest lookin at www.teaguesauto.com. they have a lot of parts for our car but itll cost a pretty penny.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:25 AM

Car Info: 1996 impreza 60 trim, 8psi 201 whp, 213 tq 200k mi
Thumbs up

^^^ hit the nail right on the head.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:29 AM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Legacy L Wagon
I looked on EBay and there were alot of parts applicable to later models but none for a 99. All the parts I could find for mine were reproduction stock parts and no aftermarket parts. This has been my problem in finding parts. Money is a little bit of a problem because I am in college but I have a good stable job and so it is not too tight.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:33 PM

Car Info: '99 2.5rs - Rally Blue
i have a 99 sedan, basically the same thing, although your intake might be MAF based whereas mine is MAP. my car is special like that.

i like 1skburu or whatevers list, except he missed the first suspension mod....SWAY BARS!! you can get a good 20mm one for about $80 new from subarugenuineparts.com. thats what i have on mine, it made a huge difference. that 2.2l engine isnt the best for getting power out of it. some say its a waste of money tuning all the naturally aspirated ones. personally, i havent done any power mods except i made a custom intake for it. i pretty much felt no difference other than the noise it made. dont be fooed, louder does NOT equal faster. if you really want power out of these you need turbo, and its common practice to swap a different engine because turboing the n/a engines is usually more money than its worth, the swap would always be more reliable and could handle more power.

any questions feel free to ask, also may want to check out www.rs25.com it deals specifically with the n/a subarus, and especially the classic style impreza like ours
________
One Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 12:54 PM.