Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

what do I need to know about Cobb AP 2…

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 04:16 AM

Car Info: Stock WRX TR 06
what do I need to know about Cobb AP 2…

As of right now I am trying to pick up every hint of information about this part as I can so what I comes down to is this.

What all else do I need to run the AP version two?
What all do I need to run a stage two? Just a Down pipe set up like I hear…
Can Subaru detect any changes to my ECU after i reset to stock, if I need to take this in for any defects?
Will the AP cause any long/short term damage to my cars components?
Does the AP come with information on choosing which map is right four subi… as of right now I have a KN SR intake and Blitz nur-spec exhaust (catback) I guess I will run a S1 until I can get some funds for a STI inner cooler/turbo set up and DP. I guess also is there anything else I should know about this unit? I am very skeptical about adding parts to my car for warrantee reasons as it is so I do not want to go apes**t with mods but if the AP with my parts will put me around 265+ HP I will be ok with that.
After installing my BLITZ the power comes far smoother, no longer waiting to slam 3500 RPM to rack some boost so if that is all a S1 will do is even out power I don’t know if it is worth it. I just read the reviews on I-club and a few others but nothing truly gives me in depth information about the AP and I do not want to spend $600.00 on something that I can run my car into the ground ya know. I may sound like a hella noob but id rather know looking dumb then not and out of cash or a car.