Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

VF34 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
if you are getting a bigger turbo.... GET BIGGER INJECTORS AND FUEL PUMP. you engine will not be supplied with enough fuel if you get the bigger turbo without getting injectors and a pump with it....

the stock intercooler should work just fine. I am in debate whether to go with front mount or bigger top mount. Although the FMIC is so sick and what I've wanted... I think I just may go with a bigger top mount. You'll get a little more lag with the FMIC only because the air has got a longer distance to travel, but the reason I may stick with the TMIC is so that my car will not stand out. Cops are attracted to the shiney. I don't want to give them any visual reason to pull me over. And if they pop my hood, I want my engine to look as stock as possible...

Last edited by RussA; 11-04-2004 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:11 PM

Car Info: '03 Wrx w/vf-34, sti pinks,tbe, 2.5l cobb block
i agree. you will need some type of engine management, sti pinks and a tbe to say the least.

Quick Reply: VF34 Turbo?