Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

'nother 'j20 prob..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:26 PM

Car Info: white/gold sti
Cool 'nother 'j20 prob..

so the front of my car got hit (02 rex btw) and it ruined my aps fmic along with a lot of body damage. so i get it all fixed, got the new aps 725 d/r (i use their high output stuff). so got the car back all nice and sh*t took it for a ride and then the idle started getting goofy and the check engine flashed on. so i took it back and had it diagnosed (gotta love computers) and as i thought the upflow O2 sensor was bad so it was messin with my a/fuel stuffs... so replaced that and it. so everything was going well until the same problem happened. i drove it around. reset the ecu. drove it around some more and noticed the C.E.light would periodically flash then stay steady. now it has been steady and runnin fair.
i'd also like to say that i've been hearing a really hi pitched beeping sound if you will... i thought it was the bov first (ssqv hks) so i checked it out and checked the pipes and vac lines under the hood and everything seemed all good. but i keep hearing the sound with hi revving...
any clues?
i only mention the crash and new fmic b/c i think the hi pitch whatever-it-is, is indeed related.
thanks for reading thru all of this jargon.
peace!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:42 AM

Car Info: white/gold sti
Cool news

well i reset the ecu and it appears (the car) to be running fine and no check engine lights have popped up what-so-ever.
further more that "beeping" like sound I believe is coming from a leak from the bov. hard to explain but if I pop the hood and tease the throttle from under the hood you can't hear anything out of the ordinary. if I sit in the car and take each gear to just over 52-5300 rpms and shift you'll hear a hi pitched beeping sound a split second after the bov releases pressure. to my knowledge the bov has not been tweaked nor have the settings (washer valves) been messed with either.
any takers? dealership didn't know so I plan on having my buddies look at it (both are subie master techs) and know their sh*t with performance subies.
peace for now.