Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Help fund the research for a low cost Turboback solution.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 01:14 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
You really can't get cheaper then a HKS downpipe mated up to any axle back. Other then that, this seems like some ploy to donate money to you for other means
Old 02-12-2003, 09:39 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by mattr762
Hi,
There is always a cheaper solution while sacrificing a lot HP and TQ. The HKS downpipe does not have a divorced wastegate so your looking at a major restriction right from the beginning. It also removes both cats making it highly illegal. The solution that I am developing is for the people that want maximum HP & TQ gains from a full turboback but do not want to spend $1000.

What most people do anyway is get a downpipe and a catback system that costs between $500-$800. My Turboback solution will still be cheaper than that.

I am not selling these parts and I am not a vendor. I am average poor guy just like many of you and am creating an off the shelf exhaust system coupled with custom mandrel bent 3" pipe from your local performance muffler shop.

The donations are not for the parts themselves. I want to provide 3rd party rock hard evidence of the performance increase. Horsepower, 1/4 mile, 0-60, etc... Many people have stated that you can't trust Tuners hype that StageXYZ increases Hp this much, so I want to prove my Turboback system and that is why I need your help.

Thanks,
Matt
You'll get better results if you go back and edit your original post to indicate exactly HOW you plan on spending money that is donated. IE on testing rather than parts. Understand?