Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

familiarizing my 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:33 AM

familiarizing my 2.0

Hi all. I just bought an 04 wrx and am very new to the suby scene.. Purchasing the car has put a big whole in my pocket already, however, like everyone else, I'm still hungry for power. I was wondering what I can do to maximize the hp and torque on the vehicle without changing the turbo. So what mods can I add to achieve larger numbers? or is it better off just changing the turbo cause the cost of purchasing goods is going to be equivalent to a new turbo and producing even less hp?

thanx

I don't want anyone giving me a hard time for my newbie questions. I am new. TIA
Old 06-23-2005, 01:46 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
up pipe, down pipe, catback, ecu reflash = +50ish whp (215ish) thats like $1500 in parts to do.
new turbo, injectors, fuel pump, reflash, and all there other stuff that i'm not sure about that comes with a bigger turbo..... will cost maybe $1700 in parts?

if this is ur only car, i'd say go stay with the stock turbo because theres less tunning to deal with and it won't kill gas as much as getting a new turbo. but thats me=)
Old 06-23-2005, 07:35 PM

it is my only car and i plan to keep it for a long time. love the quick sprints but not a racer. Stock is the way to go for me too! thanx bud