Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Blitz or Greddy frnt Intercooler????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 07:53 PM

Car Info: 2004+ Two Tone Green
i have the blitz intercooler on my car and a few good friends of mine have the greddy intercooler. personally i think the greddy looks better, plus the greddy has a much better route for the piping. its about 2-3 feet shorter than the blitz piping. the advantage the blitz has is that its larger. if you are not going to go really crazy with your car then get the greddy.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
The Blitz FMIC is about 0.5" taller than the GReddy FMIC. The piping on the GReddy IC is bigger. Also, the Blitz piping routing is a bit different. The driver's side of the IC goes to the turbo under the engine. The passenger side goes to the TB. The GReddy routes its pipes traditionally. Driver's side to TB and passenger side to the turbo. Pipes run in the engine bay. Also, the GReddy pipes are polished.

Anodyzing the core will help it retain heat, hense loose its efficiency.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:30 AM

Car Info: 2004+ Two Tone Green
Thumbs down

i absolutely hate xs engineering.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:55 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
I'd go for the greddy. The blitz's end tanks are nicer, but the pipe routing is pretty bad IMO. Plus, the greddy is cheaper. Both look good though. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:34 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Originally posted by LE4bangerR
why are they bad quality products
It's not that they are bad, but they are overrated and very expensive for what they are. Man you should see their uppipe and downpipe pics... Talk about nasty, looks like a highschool kid in shop class made that. And this is what they advertise in magazine "new parts sections."

XS Engineering gives away so much to magazines I think that is why they get so much coverage and so much interest. Dyno time, free parts, labor... It's all about exposure and it's working for them.

Quick Reply: Blitz or Greddy frnt Intercooler????????