Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

turboxs unichip w/ pnp harness and Vishnu EMI adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 12:21 AM

turboxs unichip w/ pnp harness and Vishnu EMI adapter

I recently purchased a txs unichip w/ pnp harness along with an emi adapter from two separate members. Does anyone know if the the txs unichip will have any conflicts with the vishnu emi adapter? Thanks
Old 01-21-2004, 01:25 PM

The EMI adapter may not have been a worthwhile purchase.
As I recall, the main reason the EMI adapter was used on the unichip was to interupt a signal that occured during part throttle position (less than 50%) with a high boost input which would cause lumpy acceleration (lean fuel mixtures and high egts). It was a not too uncommon complaint. Vishnu was using it for this reason. However, I had read from a few sources that the later TXS Plug and Play harnesses had less of a problem with this although I never saw any confirmation. Dave MaKinnon modified his board himself to solve this problem. www.thewrx.com (look under power mods and Unichip T-Harness Mod).

There may also be issues between the EMI adapter and the TXS P-N-P Harness. They may not be compatable in-line modules. Each may read and modify signals differertly and or interfere with each other. I'm not certain there would be a way to test it before hand.

I would just use the p-n-p harness and if you notice any of the symptoms stated above (hesitation at low RPMs, lumpy acceleration at part throttle) than try Dave MaKinnon's fix.

I'm running a Vishnu unichip w/ the last issue of the TXS p-n-p harness (revision 4 I think) and have had none of the problems stated above. However, I am running a VF 22 w/ STi injectors and walbro fuel pump, so that may make a difference.