Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

stage 2 + EWG setup.....opensource...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:23 AM

Car Info: JDM STI V7 EWG powered 2003 Subaru MBP WRX
stage 2 + EWG setup.....opensource...

deleted

Last edited by wrecker83; 09-22-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
No to rude but your asking for a free tune? You really should of thought about this before doing the work. Why you put a EWG on that setup blows my mind!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 AM

A lot of the open source tunes ARE free at least the base maps prior to fine tuning (LESS aggressive maps)....people making maps for their own cars and putting it out there to let others use the maps.......THIS is why open source is usually a good route on a budget....and I have not installed the EWG yet, it is actually being shipped to me as we speak. I was hoping to get a base map (not a protuned map) in order to drive the car and have the part installed rather than take space up in the garage till I can dig up the cash.

Also, if you read up on EWG setups, the stock TD04 is actually a good candidate for this setup, due to the smaller hot side of the turbo....Spool up would be drastically reduced...and for me it is a much more practical mod than say trying to swap my turbo...sorry it is not the "typical route" like everyone else.

Ed at EQ Tuning posted some numbers at Nasioc which would contradict your negative comment about my choice of doing an EWG on my setup. Do not flame me, as i HAVE done my research over the last few months i was only asking for a little help. There are no guns held to anyone's head at the moment due to not having the map,......just wanted to see if anyone had something they could help me out with. Thought that was the "atmosphere" of the forums......Thank you for your response though...
Old 09-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Here's a link......
A first for me: TD04 with EWG! - NASIOC

Read his mods list, only thing(s) he has that I do not is a)catted dp, b)fuel pump, c)catback......all items which are not 100% necessary at this point and time.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:06 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by wrecker83
A lot of the open source tunes ARE free at least the base maps prior to fine tuning (LESS aggressive maps)....people making maps for their own cars and putting it out there to let others use the maps.......THIS is why open source is usually a good route on a budget....and I have not installed the EWG yet, it is actually being shipped to me as we speak. I was hoping to get a base map (not a protuned map) in order to drive the car and have the part installed rather than take space up in the garage till I can dig up the cash.

Also, if you read up on EWG setups, the stock TD04 is actually a good candidate for this setup, due to the smaller hot side of the turbo....Spool up would be drastically reduced...and for me it is a much more practical mod than say trying to swap my turbo...sorry it is not the "typical route" like everyone else.

Ed at EQ Tuning posted some numbers at Nasioc which would contradict your negative comment about my choice of doing an EWG on my setup. Do not flame me, as i HAVE done my research over the last few months i was only asking for a little help. There are no guns held to anyone's head at the moment due to not having the map,......just wanted to see if anyone had something they could help me out with. Thought that was the "atmosphere" of the forums......Thank you for your response though...
You don't get huge gains on EWG on a stock turbo, seems like a waist of money. Good luck.......