Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Ispeed or Vishnu?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Question Ispeed or Vishnu?

Which tuner would u guys prefer? I-speed or Vishnu? Cobb was an option but i didnt relly wanna send my unit away. The prices for Ispeed and vishnu are about the same but Ispeed comes with 2 hours of road tuning while vishnu is just the reflash. So what do u guys think? And why? pros and cons please ^_^ and comments on customer service would be nice too. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: Ispeed or Vishnu?

Originally posted by mike626
The prices for Ispeed and vishnu are about the same but Ispeed comes with 2 hours of road tuning while vishnu is just the reflash.
That's not comparing apples to apples. I-Speed will road tune or tune for you on ATP's DynoJet dyno. Shiv prefers to tune on his dyno rather than road tune. However, reflashes cost the same regardless of where you get them done, as EcuTek doesn't want it's vendors gouging each other on price. This is actually quite common for aftermarket products, especially from smaller, more speicalized companies.

So what do u guys think? And why? pros and cons please ^_^ and comments on customer service would be nice too. Thanks in advance guys.
I won't get into a discussion of which is better, per se, due to conflicts of interest, but both companies can make your car faster. It's more a matter of which one you want to say tuned your car.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:06 PM

Do the reflash from Vishnu include a dyno tune? or will i have to pay extra?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by mike626
Do the reflash from Vishnu include a dyno tune? or will i have to pay extra?
Vishnu reflashes are all developed on the dyno. Custom dyno tuning on your individual car will cost extra, but yield greater power gains.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:35 PM

Would one hour of dyno tuning be enough time to get the best output on a car with just a TBE? By the way guys, thanks for the responses, you guys are great and indeed helping me in my thirst for suby knowledge (and for helping me pick a tuner).
Old 03-02-2004, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 2004 STi Yellow/Black
I have dealt with both companies. I would go with I-Speed.

http://www.stifiles.com
Old 03-06-2004, 08:10 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Stage 2 upgrade and Formula Ford
Who to use

I might go w/ Vishnu if I could get them to respond to my calls or fax or e mail(jab,jab)
Mark
Old 03-06-2004, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 03 Blu WRX, vf 34, headers, catless, gc coilovers, f/r sways
I mentioned in another thread (Vishnu Stage 3) that it seems like Vishnu's focus on the WRX is slipping but Shiv reassured me that it is still there . . . yet their website for Subaru's hasn't been updated in some time, just too busy I guess.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:05 PM

This has been discussed many times... the WRX will continue to be supported with existing parts and stage kits, but further development is pretty much done- there's really nothing left for Shiv to develop on the stock EJ20. Once suitable upgraded injectors are available for the STi, a stage II kit for that vehicle will be developed.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:28 PM

Ban SUV's do you work for Vishnu or own stock with them?

In every post regarding thier lack of custmer support you are there to back them up and come up with an excuse for them. I have a vs 1 and I love the work they did in the past, but their current lack of customer support and service are ruining their reputation; and we all know what happened when Vivid got a bad rep.

Shiv should get on the ball, as we have all suggested, update his web site and provide the great customer service they did a year ago. We all know about business growing pains and the successful companies do something about it.

There is a constant theme going across the boards that Vishnu customer service is going South. I for one love their product and Shiv is a genius, but when you can't get through on the phones, emails aren't returned it gets frustrating to support these guys. Here is yet another thread Contacting Vishnu complaining of the same thing.

One last note, have you checked the Vishnu forums, there are tons of questions for Vishnu left unanswered, Shiv's last post using the user name Shiv was 8/2003.

Come on Shiv, hire another person to help you out, update your stuff and return calls . . . too busy for that?

Jim
Old 03-06-2004, 04:00 PM

I used to work there, and I made that public knowledge when I was hired, and when I quit in December. And I continue to defend Shiv and Brett when the bashing about customer service gets a bit overzealous. Furthermore, I defend vishnu Performance because I know the real deal about what goes on there, when, and why. It's a universal truth when it comes to doing business, that for every vocal, upset customer, there are a dozen silent satisified ones. The internet seems to have increased this ratio greatly by giving the vocal ones a louder voice and larger audience.
I always have and will always continue to voice what I believe to be the truth. Others will make the same claim when they are posting a negative experience with them, and that's also the truth according to that person. Every company, large or small, has unsatisfied customers. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about them, just pointing out the difference between "Shiv is ignoring the WRX" and "Shiv didn't return my email." I suppose the true root of the matter is that I tend to give small business owners the benefit of the doubt, while some people focus on other things. I'm not saying that myself or anyone else is right or wrong, I'm just making myself one of the many voices in the internet enthusiast community with something to say on the matter.
I'm also not trying to make excuses for them. It's a simple truth that the Vishnu staff is currently unable to handle the volume of customers they have at this time. it's jsut that having too much work and not enough time is different than what they are so often accused of on internet forums, i.e. laziness, arrogance, etc.

P.S.- Brett, if stock ever becomes available, put my name on the investor's list.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:39 PM

Well said, and I agree with you that the issues mentioned are not from a lack of product quality, attention to detail or laziness on part of the Vishnu staff.

Jim

Quick Reply: Ispeed or Vishnu?