Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Engine Management and My Goals

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 05:50 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Engine Management and My Goals

I have certain goals that I would like to accomplish next year, and one of them is to run in the 13 second range with my car in the 1/4 mile. I am on the bubble, running 14.0 in my last try this year. I have been talking to a lot of people at our weekly Subaru meets about Engine Management, and the affects and advantages of it. I would also like to maximize the efficiency of my engine modifications with engine management. LIke trying to pull every ounce of horsepower from what I already have. I would like to run my MBC until I can afford a Blitz SBC-id sometime next year. I cant affor a UTEC or a Link, so with this being said, here are my options.

TurboXS type ECU

Vishnu type ECU

Apexi S-AFC

I can go have my car tuned by Shiv, and have him dial in my mods if I really need to, and buying a Vishnu type ECU or a Apexi S-AFC would be the easiest for this. But he can re-map a TurboXS type, but I would have to cut some wires to the ECU, and I don't want to have to cut ANY wires.

I have also been told by one of Shiv's partners, that WRX's shipped to California, are tuned by the factory a little differently, in order to meet certain smog criteria. If that is true, Engine Management by itself might help a lot. It could be BS though too. I don't know, that is why I am asking the question.

I really don't think I will upgrade to a bigger turbo for a LONG TIME. As soon as I get into the 13's consistently, I will start working on handling mods.

Please try to help me choose what is best for my certain goals that I have stated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here are my mods if that helps:

WRxfx Intake, ITG drop in filter, Joe P. MBC @ 15psi, Samco Intercooler Hoses, JDM STI Uppipe, TurboXS Stealth Back exhaust, Prodrive Axle back muffler

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 12-04-2002 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
if you are going to vishnu why not have your ecu programed