Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Cobb APv2 issues in the heat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Cobb APv2 issues in the heat?

My car was rather warm today since the morning sun was shining on it, but it wasn't nearly as hot as it's been other days. I plug in my AP to take the car out of econo mode and it doesn't start up. I jiggle the plug, unplug and plug it in a few times; nothing for a few tries. Finally the startup screen comes on, but when the menu comes up the screen flickers on and off and the arrow buttons don't work. I unplug it and plug it in again, this time the start up screen is all scrambled. I unplug it and head to work without changing the map.

When I get to work the unit functions fine and changes the map as it should.

The unit was not exvessively hot when it was malfunctioning, it had not been sitting in the direct sun (nor does it ever) and I don't typically leave it plugged in for extended amounts of time very often (once every month or two on average). Has anyone else had any issues like this? I got the AP when they first came out (2 years ago was that?). I'll be contacting Cobb tonight when I can type up a detailed email.