STROMUNG EXHAUSTS!!!! Look NO Further!! Best Deals Around!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 01:35 PM

Car Info: '00 GT Wagon, BP wannabe
Originally Posted by Flash N Dash
Flanders - So you have a 2000 Legacy Wagon correct? If so then any of the exhausts that you posted will fit your car. The difference in the exhausts, Catback vs. Axleback, is in the name. A catback consists of two parts...and Intermediate Pipe and a Rear Muffler Section....and it connects just behind the catylitic converter of your car. Hince Catback... And the Axle Back is one piece it is just the Rear Muffler section...going from the axle of your car back...hence Axleback. See the diff? The Catback will give you more HP but neither are real loud. The most popular is the Dual Tip because it looks stock and produces a nice sound but it is not real loud at all. Let me know if you have any other questions but this is what I would recommend for your car.

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
I am keeping the quoted material incase others in my situation are looking for similar info.

FYI: My tailpipe is hidden and bends downward behind the bumper and is single tip.

Are either bolt on or need special installation? This will pass Cal emissions? Does anyone know how long this should last?

Do you have anything regarding brakes or other mods for this vehicle?

Thanks for the quick results, very appreciated.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:47 PM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
PoopRSkupe - Hey the current price is $405 shipped in the US. And the PayPal address is autransam@earthlink.net Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Flanders - There is no special requirements that I am aware of for a different pipe. All are built to fit the stock specs of the Subarus. You are not replacing any of the cats so you don't have any problems with emissions...only when you replace those do you have to worry about them passing emissions. I will get together a list of mods that I can think of for your car and email them to you. Sound good?

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance

Last edited by Flash N Dash; 10-25-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
$ sent, thanks.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:52 PM

MO REX - Got it! Order being processed...and feedback left for you!

Thank you for your business and support!

Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 10-26-2004, 11:41 AM

PoopRSkupe - Got it! Order being processed...and feedback left for you too!

Thank you for your business and support!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 10-28-2004, 01:16 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
sup Brian... it's been a while since I've bumped your thread.. a guy in Hawaii "JT-STI" is looking for the "Best Turbo-Back Exhaust System" https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/best-turbo-back-exhaust-system-77598/ and I referred him to you... Take care of him like you took care of me and I'm sure you'll have ANOTHER satisfied customer!!!

Jon
Old 10-28-2004, 07:46 AM

iNfEk - Sweetness Jon! Thanks a ton bud and you know I will take care of him as I do everyone!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

I just got the axel back and I am very happy with it. The pipes lined up good but the holes in the flanges didnt so I took it to a muffler shop and they focked up the blitz pipe so now I need a price on the front portion of a Strumung catback.

I must say this axel back really quieted my exhaust a lot (almost too much) but I think when I get rid of the Blitz pipe which has a 2 foot section of reasonator and replace it with the Stromung piece it will be perfect. Am I correct in thinking the Stromung pipe doesnt have a reasonator and do you know of anyone that has mounted a Stromung cat back to a TXS catpipe? My cat pipe has already been customized to fit the blitz and it now has a flange like the one on the Stromung axel back you just sent me.

If any of you people out there are thinking about purchaseing from Flash N Dash I would say go for it. Brian has been honest, very helpful, he also sells a great product and I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:39 AM

MO REX - Hey thank you for your kind words! I hate that it didn't work but I know you will be happy with the Stromung full Catback anyways because it does not have a resonator built into the Intermediate Pipe. Which by the way will be $180 shipped for the 3in Intermediate Pipe. The Blitz Catback has that resonator built in because their exhaust is so loud that they needed a buffer to tone it done a bit and even then it is pretty loud!

I know I have had other customers that have had the TurboXS DP but I do not remember their comments on the fitment. The claim from TurboXS is that their catback adapter will fit any catback on the market...so I guess we will see. It should work based on what their claim is.

Let me know when you are ready to get that Intermediate Pipe!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

I will not be able to use the cat back adapter. TXS doesn't have a catted adapter and I dont want to go completely catless because of the smell and enviornmental issues. I will have to attempt to fit it to the catted mid pipe without cutting the new piece I will be buying from you. I dont have too much room because of the 02 sensor bung so I may have to have some cut off of the front and rear of the catted midpipe bla bla bla.

I will be contacting you to purchase the intermediate pipe within the next 2 weeks. I have kept myself in the habit of paying my credit card bill in full so once that is done I send you the $.

Edit: Does the Stromung intermediate pipe have a flex joint at the first flange? The reason I ask is because someone told me they thought it did. I just left some feedback on your trader rating.

Thanks

Last edited by MO REX; 11-03-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:18 AM

MO REX - Hey if you still have your factory catpipe but just modified then the Stromung was meant to fit upto the stock pieces nicely. But if it is modified then it should be a little work but nothing major I hope.

The Intermediate pipe does not have a flex joint.

Sounds good on the credit card thing...if more people did that then less would be in debt like crazy. You are a smart cookie! Just let me know when you are ready to go!

Thanks for the feedback too!

Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 11-04-2004, 08:19 AM

SALE SALE SALE!!!! FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER TAKE THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNTS OFF OF THE ALREADY GREAT PRICES ON ANY STROMUNG EXHAUST!! AXLE BACK, CAT BACK, AND EVEN TURBO BACK...WHAT EVER YOUR HEART DESIRES!!

AXLE BACK TAKE - $10 OFF
CAT BACK TAKE - $15 OFF
TURBO BACK TAKE - $20 OFF

SALE IS LIMITED SO HURRY HURRY HURRY!!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance

Last edited by Flash N Dash; 11-16-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Flash N Dash
MO REX - Hey if you still have your factory catpipe but just modified then the Stromung was meant to fit upto the stock pieces nicely.

So does that mean the Stromung intermediate pipe starts off at the stock size then goes to 3"? I was hopeing for something that was full 3" since I have a full 3" TBE right now. If you quoted me a price for an intermediate pipe that was meant to bolt up to the factory midpipe and there is a full 3" intermediate pipe made by Stromung is there a price difference?

(Current exhaust mods)

STI upipe

TXS DP/cat pipe (the cat pipe is modified)

Blitz Nur-spec R intermediate pipe (modified to bolt to Stromung axle back)

Full 3" Stromung dual tip axle back

(Future exhaust mod plan)

STI upipe

TXS DP/catpipe (modified cat pipe)

Full 3" Stromung cat back

Last edited by MO REX; 11-04-2004 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: STROMUNG EXHAUSTS!!!! Look NO Further!! Best Deals Around!!