LIC Motorsports Radiator/Oil Cooler Combos

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
LIC Motorsports Radiator/Oil Cooler Combos

After years of testing/usage and 2 distinct variations in kits, LIC Motorsports is proud to announce their custom Radiator/Oil Cooler combo packages. These kits are made from the finest materials and with the pros of the likes of NASCAR and IRL. With 2 kits available its been made easy to choose which one suits your needs. Each kit comes with laser etched LICmotorsports on the top of the radiator, all fittings suplied are AN, and both variations are -10 AN male fittings (for the oil cooler).

The first kit also referred to as "v1 Street" is designed for the daily driver who likes to hit the track as a weekend warrior. The radiatior also has a filler neck on the radiator for easy purging of the system and this kit also accomodates the use of stock fans (with minor modifications) or full race fan setup. This kit has been tested on the LIC Motorsports race car and can withstand the rigors of a 550whp Subaru but is intended for moderate to light track use only.

The second kit also referred to as "v2 Race" is designed for race environments only, can be used in conjunction with a higher pressurized cooling system and will hold more fluid capacity than any other aftermarket off the shelf radiator kit on the market currently. This kit is currently in use on the LIC Motorsports race car and has with stood in excess of 110+ degree heat in the Nevada desert.

Lots ask why the need for two variations, well its simple, the "v2 Race" model runs so cool its not appropriate for daily driven cars. All cars need to come up to temperature and this kit is designed to keep temps much cooler, even while in use with a stock thermostat (which the LIC Motorsports race car uses as well). While testing this kit in the Nevada desert with 110+ degree heat, the temps were in check at 190f water and 210f oil. As the car gets pushed for many laps and hard sweepers, the most the system ever saw was 207f water (fans kick on at 205f) and 232f oil.

The system works flawlessly and it's a major reason more and more Time Attack teams are gravitating towards this kit. Its compact with direct drop in fitment (custom top radiator support brackets will need to be made to work with the v2 kit), can be purchased in many tiers and has the ability to fit anyone's needs.

Available in 2 Configurations
- Cores Only (kit includes: Radiator, and Oil Cooler ONLY)
- w/ Fans (kit includes: Radiator, Oil Cooler, SPAL Race Fans, Fan Brackets)

LIC Motorsports v1 "Street" Kit

Front view

Back view (shown with Race Fans and Brackets)

As you can see fits with stock mounting tabs

LIC Motorsports v2 "Race" Kit

Front View

Back view (with race fans installed)

Installed view (requires custom mounting brackets)

Fitment: 02-07 WRX/STi

These kits are located in our online store: LIC Motorsports Radiator/Oil Cooler Combo (02-07 WRX/STi) - Buy online at LICmotorsports.com!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

NOW AVAILABLE for 2008+ WRX/STi

After years of testing/usage and 2 distinct variations in kits, LIC Motorsports is proud to announce their custom Radiator/Oil Cooler combo packages. These kits are made from the finest materials and with the pros of the likes of NASCAR and IRL. With 2 kits available its been made easy to choose which one suits your needs. Each kit comes with laser etched LICmotorsports on the top of the radiator, all fittings suplied are AN, and both variations are -10 AN male fittings (for the oil cooler). In addition the OEM radiator on the 08+ WRX/STi are far inferior to the older model cars, they are literally half the size they once were...If you track your new generation Subaru, you need an upgrade to the cooling system.

The first kit also referred to as "v1 Street" is designed for the daily driver who likes to hit the track as a weekend warrior. The radiatior also has a filler neck on the radiator for easy purging of the system, kit also includes coolant expansion tank, and race fans.

The second kit (Pending Release) also referred to as "v2 Race" is designed for race environments only, can be used in conjunction with a higher pressurized cooling system; it includes coolant expansion tank, and race fans. This kit does not come with a filler neck and will be harder to purge the system.

Lots ask why the need for two variations, well its simple, the "v2 Race" model is designed to run the system at a higher pressure than stock, which isn't appropriate for daily driven cars.

Available in 1 Configuration Only
- v1 Kit includes: Radiator, Oil Cooler, SPAL Race Fans, Fan Brackets, Coolant Expansion Tank

Fitment: 08+ WRX/STi

These kits are located in our online store: LIC Motorsports Radiator/Oil Cooler Combo (08+ WRX/STi WRX/STi) - Buy online at LICmotorsports.com!

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 04-13-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Those are sexy! I know i saw one on DBs new shop car too
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
I'd love to run the street version on my car. It looks well made and oem fitment makes it a really easy install. When my bank account grows up I'll come knocking
Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Those are sexy! I know i saw one on DBs new shop car too
yeah lots of race teams with subies are running our kits now. Just shipped one off to a team in Germany as well

Originally Posted by johndabrit
I'd love to run the street version on my car. It looks well made and oem fitment makes it a really easy install. When my bank account grows up I'll come knocking
sounds good!

-Noah
Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

We get asked often: Is the kit truly a 2 piece design?

Answer: Yes its a two piece design all put together in one package to fit in stock location. The bolts detach and either the radiator or oil cooler can be serviced separately if needed.

-Noah
Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Wow! Nice job, looks great.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Former Sponsor

thanks!

we've had these readily available for sometime...

-Noah
Old 04-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Updated first post. 2008+ WRX/STi kits now available.

-Noah
Old 04-11-2012, 02:37 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
so sick, gonna go broke, but this is now on my to buy list haha
Old 04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor

thanks!

-Noah
Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor