Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Wow check this CL post, STi Drivetrain

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 04:41 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver STi Wagon
Wow check this CL post, STi Drivetrain

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/191706915.html

anyone know who this might be, Dan (clean04) linked me to this.

first off it seems like it might be from a stolen car but i dont know.

-jon
Old 08-08-2006, 04:44 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
hhmmmm seems pretty cheap= pretty fishy. I wonder if he would give VIN numbers if you asked?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by jdadour
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/191706915.html

anyone know who this might be, Dan (clean04) linked me to this.

first off it seems like it might be from a stolen car but i dont know.

-jon
he posted in the classifieds here as well already
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Jakes02
hhmmmm seems pretty cheap= pretty fishy. I wonder if he would give VIN numbers if you asked?
you mean this?

https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/sti-driveline-03-wrx-chassis-shell-sale-142192/

dont think its all that cheap though, about right for the drivetrain, but not $8500 for a gutted 03 shell that you would have to clear off non-op status
Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
you mean this?

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142192

dont think its all that cheap though, about right for the drivetrain, but not $8500 for a gutted 03 shell that you would have to clear off non-op status

Isn't that tranny pretty cheap? Where are all the VIN placards located on a subaru? My honda had them all over the car and it's parts. Do we have VIN's on the engine or tranny?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
seems legit if you look at the fact the guys been a member since '04...now I just wish I had $5k for the driveline
Old 08-08-2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jakes02
Isn't that tranny pretty cheap? Where are all the VIN placards located on a subaru? My honda had them all over the car and it's parts. Do we have VIN's on the engine or tranny?
Gruppe-s has 2 6-speeds for sale for $3K, theres an STI 6-speed + rear end still for sale from last month on the classifieds for $4K with axles/Brembos, so if you think the hubs are worth an extra $1K then I suppose. There should be a VIN stammped into the firewall, why you ask?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by MBasile
seems legit if you look at the fact the guys been a member since '04...now I just wish I had $5k for the driveline
or you can grab this one for $4K

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...highlight=huck
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I want DCCD if I'm gonna spend monies
Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 PM

Gruppe-s has 2 6-speeds for sale for $3K, theres an STI 6-speed + rear end still for sale from last month on the classifieds for $4K with axles/Brembos, so if you think the hubs are worth an extra $1K then I suppose. There should be a VIN stammped into the firewall, why you ask?

Just curious. All these parts made me think about how many places on my honda had the vin stamped or stickered
Old 08-08-2006, 09:46 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
*edit* oops. I failed at reading Krinkov's post
Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 AM

Car Info: 98 GC8, 05 FXT, 06 PSD
you mean this?

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142192

It's not cheap, but I am open to offers and "clearing a car of non-op status" is fricken child’s-play, straight from the DMV web site:

"Once a non-operational status is placed on a vehicle’s record, it remains until you decide to operate the vehicle and pay full registration renewal fees."

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr01.htm

Oh nooooos I have to register the car - **** that's what you have to do when you transfer title anyway, so I don't understand what the deal is, it doesn't require any kind of inspection or anything. Considering that cars with blown engines and trannies go for $10k or so and this shell is PERFECT not salvage or any crap like that $8500 is not all that bad. For someone who has time dump in a WRX engine and tranny and sell the ***** for $15k.

Oh and the parts are NOT stolen if the buyer wants I can get them contact information to the donor STI's owner.

Jeez man talking all this crap behind my back, not cool makes me want to go scrape the i-club stickers off my FXT and STI.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by marcinzk
It's not cheap, but I am open to offers and "clearing a car of non-op status" is fricken child’s-play, straight from the DMV web site:

"Once a non-operational status is placed on a vehicle’s record, it remains until you decide to operate the vehicle and pay full registration renewal fees."

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr01.htm

Oh nooooos I have to register the car - **** that's what you have to do when you transfer title anyway, so I don't understand what the deal is, it doesn't require any kind of inspection or anything. Considering that cars with blown engines and trannies go for $10k or so and this shell is PERFECT not salvage or any crap like that $8500 is not all that bad. For someone who has time dump in a WRX engine and tranny and sell the ***** for $15k.

Oh and the parts are NOT stolen if the buyer wants I can get them contact information to the donor STI's owner.

Jeez man talking all this crap behind my back, not cool makes me want to go scrape the i-club stickers off my FXT and STI.

lol, well Im sorry that I thought something you were selling was too expensive, but that was hardly 'crap talking behind you back' wtf??

I was looking through CL for WRXs earlier last week before I responded to this and theres at least 4 there for between $10-12K registered and ready to drive. You didnt show any pics and your post made it sound like it was just a rolling shell with glass, to us that means completely gutted with no engine/drivetrain/interior. If your saying all it needs is a motor and tranny than that makes a big difference, that would actually be a complete car minus the engine tranny, though that would still be a bit high, but good luck anyways!

Anyways, I problably should have put this all in my first post, or maybe that would have been worse, oh well...
Old 08-15-2006, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 98 GC8, 05 FXT, 06 PSD
You should have just posted your concerns in my sale thread where would have seen them so thatI could have addressed them, not in some other random thread, that’s all.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by marcinzk
You should have just posted your concerns in my sale thread where would have seen them so thatI could have addressed them, not in some other random thread, that’s all.
The original poster didnt know you already had a FS thread and didnt know you were an i-club member, how is anyone supposed to know that from a craigslist ad?

Quick Reply: Wow check this CL post, STi Drivetrain