Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

SRIC fastest STI and Sacs fastest EVO

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Originally Posted by MARKSTI
I would pay a $1 to see Soggy flip his H2 around a corner...

+41 1/2
LOL

Like I said, I will be going for all of the titles(except autocross, I think my turbo is to large for low speed turns haha). No but really like I said I'm not here trying to make my ***** look bigger... Mark is

I really wanna see some of you who think drag racing means absolutely nothing and is for knuckle dragging people who can't turn the steering wheel. I want some of you guys to go to the track and lets see if you can get some 1.6 60' times, because after all if it is so easy... It should only take you one night to learn how to get a 1.6 60' time..

I am no where near th best driver here... One night of watching me at the drag strip will teach you that... lol my times are all over the board and my best launch to date was only a 1.83 60' time, and to make up for my halfway decent launch I missed 5th gear at the end of the track to kill that run LOL...

Like I said Next year when my motor doesn't have the awesome blow by mod, I will be doing the T-Hill.. Infineon... Laguna Seca... etc etc circuit.... I love racing period, all kinds of racing, and the occasional Drifting down sunrise with soggywanker is fun too
Old 11-03-2005, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 05 STI
I agree that drag racing takes skill. That is why I have always said it is not a good comparison for who's car (alone) is faster. Driver skill has a lot more to do with the time than most people admit. That is why you see 500 whp STI's in the twelves.

I don't like drag racing, because I think our cars are just not designed for it. Too much potential damage to the drivetrai = not worth it for me. I'll take track days any day (which I still suck at).

Congrats on getting that car working! I'll bet it is a blast.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I agree that drag racing takes skill. That is why I have always said it is not a good comparison for who's car (alone) is faster. Driver skill has a lot more to do with the time than most people admit. That is why you see 500 whp STI's in the twelves.

I don't like drag racing, because I think our cars are just not designed for it. Too much potential damage to the drivetrai = not worth it for me. I'll take track days any day (which I still suck at).

Congrats on getting that car working! I'll bet it is a blast.

Ya, the STI's are alot more set up for drag racing then WRX's are with the MUCCHHHHHHHH stronger drive-train parts. You kind of have to pay to play especially when it comes to drag racing, luckily my STI is not my daily driver so I can afford to have it break stuff and replace it and have down time on it, hints why I am still beating the **** out of this motor even though it is definately showing signs of failing on me.

Also I have noticed 90% of all the 500whp+ dyno graphs have been on Dynojets, which read much higher then mustangs, I know I wouldn't put down 500 on a dynojet, but I would defiantely be in the 400's I would imagine, on pump gas only pushing 18.5psi. Big turboed cars are definately more difficult to drag race then the smaller ones because if you mess up on a shift, you get to re-spool up the turbo, which hurts you greatly.

Don't forget that road racing is also very very hard on parts, and will also cause things to snap(suspension, brakes, rotors, clutch, power steering, tires, and most of all the motor going ***** out for 20 minutes)
Old 11-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Rivers already flipped it.

But teh H2 was still kicking. I actually have it at work today.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Rivers already flipped it.

But teh H2 was still kicking. I actually have it at work today.

Is it sittin on TWEEENNNTTTYYY TOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYSSSSSSSS *****?!!?!

And the real question.....

Are they spinnin?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:49 PM

Car Info: MY04 Silver STi
Originally Posted by LookingForPower
Well if no one has a faster time slip... isn't he correct????

And he said the Fastest in the SRIC... By Anyones car standard(except for here i guess) when you talk about fast... it's acceleration, not how fast you can do 15 turns at Thunder-Hill...

Ya I am sure guys like lowball can beat me around thunderhill, considering I have NEVER done a track day. SO if they couldn't I would think it was rather funny actually. Tracks are more like 80% driver 20% car, because you can have a slower car rip *** and murder a faster car because the driver in the slower car is that much better.... but does that make it the faster car??? No... Just makes the driver a faster driver....
Not always true. Any one remember MINI vs. STi drama back on "the other Impreza forum"? The MINI driver had like years of track experience and MINI-S was stripped to nothing but a seat and dashboard with few minor power mods. The STI driver was like 18 year old that has seen NASCAR on TV, that's all the track experience he had. STi had some minor mods nothing major ( I think it was 20-30 more than stock). So, in the end he beats the race prepped MINI-S with expert driver (or close to expert) behind the wheel with simply faster car by like 10 seconds or so. That's all that I remember about it. It happened few years back. MINI had/has a team name that is well known on their forums. I can't remember all the details. I'm sure someone else remembers this. I think BANSUV should.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
I don't drag race because:

1) I don't want to put in a new clutch
2) I don't want to snap/twist my drive shafts
3) I don't want to stall, red light, or miss a shift in front of a bunch of domestics
Old 11-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
I don't drag race because:

1) I don't want to put in a new clutch
2) I don't want to snap/twist my drive shafts
3) I don't want to stall, red light, or miss a shift in front of a bunch of domestics
yea that's why I don't drag. :sadwavey:
Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by drdray
Not always true. Any one remember MINI vs. STi drama back on "the other Impreza forum"? The MINI driver had like years of track experience and MINI-S was stripped to nothing but a seat and dashboard with few minor power mods. The STI driver was like 18 year old that has seen NASCAR on TV, that's all the track experience he had. STi had some minor mods nothing major ( I think it was 20-30 more than stock). So, in the end he beats the race prepped MINI-S with expert driver (or close to expert) behind the wheel with simply faster car by like 10 seconds or so. That's all that I remember about it. It happened few years back. MINI had/has a team name that is well known on their forums. I can't remember all the details. I'm sure someone else remembers this. I think BANSUV should.

. Tracks are more like 80% driver 20% car, because you can have a slower car rip *** and murder a faster car because the driver in the slower car is that much better....

Old 11-03-2005, 04:31 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
maybe you missed the point

the cooper had a experienced driver with a race preped cooper S, while the STi had an exhaust and a less experienced driver

the STi still won.. the car should be 80% .. a driver can only do so much with the tools he is given
Old 11-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by Scott@S-Squared
you missed the point
bluntified that statement for you.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by Scott@S-Squared
maybe you missed the point

the cooper had a experienced driver with a race preped cooper S, while the STi had an exhaust and a less experienced driver

the STi still won.. the car should be 80% .. a driver can only do so much with the tools he is given

That is why you see people in sti's passing modded porsche 996's? gt3 and gt4's and many other of the super cars that they DEFINATELY shouldn't be passing.

The number was just a saying I don't know an exact number, basically my point is the same you are saying. Basically just because I have more power then some of the guys at the track, doesn't mean I am going to be the fastest because I have to get better a driving is all I was trying to say.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by EricDaRed81
bluntified that statement for you.

No i didn't miss the point, we are saying the same thing kind of. Read above about the percentages I stated
Old 11-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
No i didn't miss the point, we are saying the same thing kind of. Read above about the percentages I stated
Your statement
80% driver 20% car
Truth
the car should be 80%
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by EricDaRed81
Your statement
Truth
The number was just a saying I don't know an exact number, basically my point is the same you are saying.

And the point you missed....

Quick Reply: SRIC fastest STI and Sacs fastest EVO