Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

S.F. Same-Sex Newlywed's take it in Das Pooper.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
S.F. Same-Sex Newlywed's take it in Das Pooper.

Imagine that... homosexuals have to abide by the law too.

Calif. Court Voids S.F. Same-Sex Marriages

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...marriage_calif

SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court on Thursday voided the nearly 4,000 same-sex marriages sanctioned in San Francisco this year and ruled unanimously that the mayor overstepped his authority by issuing licenses to gay and lesbian couples...

...The court said the city illegally issued the certificates and performed the ceremonies, since state law defined marriage as a union between a man and woman.
I'm not against gay marriage in the slightest but the fact they broke the current law, right or wrong, is a no brainer. If they went through the proper legislative channels then they wouldn't be all butt-hurt (no pun )
Old 08-12-2004, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Salty
Imagine that... homosexuals have to abide by the law too.
Hahahahahhaha. I have no doubt they'll get their equivalent protections, but they need to do it lawfully. I wish the courts had also made them give the rainbow back to the children.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I have no doubt they'll get their equivalent protections, but they need to do it lawfully. I wish the courts had also made them give the rainbow back to the children.

I agree.

It's not that I have anything against homosexuals but what really pisses me off is the majority of them feel we owe them something. Like the Civil Rights Act somehow included them by default when it's a totally different beast.

Like we should give them a "free-law handout" because they're gay and are somehow above legislation. It's as if all the picket signs expressing their views at their numerous rainbow parades finally went to their head as fact:

Sorry guys and gals, these messages written on poster board didn't matter during your first 10000+ parades and they still don't. Go through the proper legal channels, like everyone else in pursuit of change, an your day will come.

Boohoo... but what if i'm black -and- gay?

Sorry, the Mayor’s word isn’t considered law so take a damn number and wait your turn, ma'am.

Last edited by Salty; 08-12-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:21 PM

I agree. People need to quit pretending that everything they ever want for rights and protections can just magically appear in the law. They need to get off their lazy asses and push for some legislative change, instead of just pretending that the law doesn't exist or that it means whatever they want.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:37 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
here's my jab...

look at pic...

"we all deserv e the freedom to marry"

yeah! to marry mary not mark

heheh
j/k (don't wanna offend anyone)

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Attached Thumbnails S.F. Same-Sex Newlywed's take it in Das Pooper.-ghey1.jpg  
Old 08-13-2004, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Boohoo... but what if i'm black -and- gay?

You ignorant bigot.

...I'll keep this in mind whenever I read one of your sermons in this forum... Or perhaps I'll know to avoid them.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
You ignorant bigot.

...I'll keep this in mind whenever I read one of your sermons in this forum... Or perhaps I'll know to avoid them.
No ****, there's some serious ignorance going on in here.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:55 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by WagonMonster
No ****, there's some serious ignorance going on in here.
And you just proved it!

Last edited by HellaDumb; 08-14-2004 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:19 AM

Gay marriage is for homos!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scoobsport98
You ignorant bigot.

You may think my choice of words is ignorant but what you think doesn't offend me in the slightest. I'm not here to sugarcoat anything or hold anyone's hand, scoobsport98.

I'm definitely not a bigot towards homosexuals and any other minority group. I’m just ruthless and give zero ****s about feeling sorry for others when they should have known this would happen.

They thought they were above state law, took matters into their own hands and got what they deserved. Had anyone else tried to break a state law, they would have felt the wrath regardless of if they thought the law(s) were moral or just.

Don't get me wrong, I know the laws are outdated and Christian influenced an hope homosexuals will overcome all the obstacles for their pursuit of equality. But if you think I’m going to feel sympathetic for a group of individuals crying on the courthouse steps for their acts of civil disobedience, then you're sadly mistaken.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:53 AM

Ummm,
your choice of words portray who you are. You could have the best argument in the world but if you fill it with hate. You will be concidered a "hater". Unfortuantly gay's are not treated as equal as us straight individuals. (Well the majorty) They are trying to change the law and public oppinion the best way to do that is to garner media attention to their cause. I feel very sorry for them, they love each other and yet they can't get the equal rights striaght couples can.

Your last statement salty, is like oh I won't feel sorry for those black's that broke the laws to get their point heard and understood. They broke the law! Its their own fualt they are in jail for doing a sit in or going to the front of the bus. Open your mind a bit more.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
You may think my choice of words is ignorant but what you think doesn't offend me in the slightest. I'm not here to sugarcoat anything or hold anyone's hand, scoobsport98.
Then why even point this out in the first place? Its not like a group of homos came to your front door and asked for sympathy. Your distaste for their actions (which, by the way, in no way affected you directly) seems to come from a more general prejudice, or more aptly, ignorance, toward such minority groups. All they are trying to do is gain the same rights as any straight couple has.

Don't get me wrong, I know the laws are outdated and Christian influenced an hope homosexuals will overcome all the obstacles for their pursuit of equality.
Can anyone say: DAMAGE CONTROL!
From what you have stated before, it's hard to believe you actually feel this way.

But in case you really do, I'd suggest not coming off as so oblivious to the modern world.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

It's a shame you can't really address sarcasm and other tones of voice through the internet and I love how everyone assumes they know who & what you are.

If you think I’m a bigot because of my "black and gay" comment then I apologize. Seeing how I cannot express my body language and tone I’m going to lock this thread down.

Helladumb seemed to understand what I meant and 'subaruguru' undoubtedly knows me because he's been my best friend since childhood. He knows I’m not a bigot and never question that "black and gay" comment because of it...

I'm going to lock this down because you think I’m a bigot. Knowing you don't know the type of person I am, it's safe to assume that you'd think I was a bigot and be offended. I should have saw this coming, an as a result, violated my rules of decency. I'll let everyone see this thread before sending it to the dump.

If you want to discuss this thread feel free to PM me.