Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

no street racing posts allowed (was: Neon drivers are soo stupid)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:30 PM
nme

Car Info: srt-4
yes. Stereotypes are loosey based in facts. the problem is. A stereotype is an over simplization and dramatization of somthing that isnt inherently true. Just because there is a kernel of truth in a stereotype doesnt make people any less dumb and nieve for beliving them.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
srt4 guys get a bad name cuz a lot of the people driving them are ususally young, immature teenagers that try to show off (its usually their first car too). some of them are coo guys. a couple of them come out to sacramento subie meets and hang out, but a lot of the srt's i've encountered act like dicks as soon as they my car.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
nme

Ive seen alot of subaru drivers that are complete dicks too. Does that mean i would ever think about calling them all f ags and talking **** about them on a forum? No. Why? Because i know alot of them are real cool and to just look at the negative isnt right.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
srt4 ftw! woot!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
The reason why we Impreza drivers probably think majority of SRT-4 owners are complete jerks:

1) The commercial which fueled the whole SRT-4 can rape a WRX in the straight line. This makes it so SRT-4 drivers think that it's true and may target Impreza drivers more often. Thus, we get revved on more.

2) It's a cheap car. People say the WRX interior is garbage, however the WRX puts a SRT-4 interior to shame. In general, windows are power windows, heck I think the Lotus has power windows. It's just one thing that the Neon should have, but doesn't to try and keep the car under 20k.

3) AFAIK the SRT-4 comes with a loud BOV from the factory, which the target audience thinks is cool. They like to show it off, similar to any other turbo car, however most come from the factory a lot quieter.

4) Once again, due to the commercial, target audence, how it was marketed, it's become a car that people like to show off, since like the advertisment said "It's the fastest car under 20k".

So in conclusion, it's a cheap noisy show off car that can go fast which is targeted a very immature audience. While, due to price and Subaru's target audience, I'm sure the average age of a Impreza driver is higher than the average age of a SRT-4 driver. Not always true, but in general maturity comes with age.

Last edited by STi-owns-evo; 09-12-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I havent had too much trouble with srt owners. Theres one that works at aloal music shop and one day I was inside he was stading at the door looking at my car talking about how nice of a car it is to the other guy working.

Today however, some kid in a beat up 90's bmw cut me off in a parking lot and was driving all hotshot style out of there. When we got to the exit stop light he was in the far left, I was in the far right and I just looked over and shook my head in disgust of his stupidity and cockiness. The genius cuts across the center lane and gets behind me after I turn right and then passes me on the right....in lunch time traffic. He was cool?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 PM
nme

Actually. Your facts are a bit off

1) I dont know about the vailidity of this may or may not be true.

2) The reason there are no rear power windows is because the motors didnt fit. Not to save weight or money. The windows only take a few cranks to go down so dodge didnt bother changing the neon to fix this. I dont think anyone cares enough

3) From the factory the stock blow off valve is recirculating. Mopar makes a plate that turns it into a atmospheric venting bov and only costs 50$. Most people into turbo cars like the sound and buy it. Thats why you never see any without it. We refer to it in the srt-4 community as the "rice plate" :P

4) I think the problem is less about who it was marketed to and more of who could afford it. Alot of punk kids can afford them because you can buy them so damn cheap. This will obviosly cause problems with immature young drivers. Hell if wrx sti's were 20k off the showroom floor they would be in the same boat. Regardless of marketing.

Last edited by nme; 09-12-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:07 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by nme
yes. Stereotypes are loosey based in facts. the problem is. A stereotype is an over simplization and dramatization of somthing that isnt inherently true. Just because there is a kernel of truth in a stereotype doesnt make people any less dumb and nieve for beliving them.
Wait, you're from New Jersey? You just lost ALL your credibility when talking about driving.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:14 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
haha!! same here... there was a red neon srt-4 comin down tully road in san jose near east ridge and stupid *** starts reving at me to try and race me but ends up makin a right onto capitol and just stales right before the turn... but hey the only think i could notice that he had was a windsplitter and rims nothing else... damn american cars... (with exceptions to some)
Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 PM
nme

Who said i was from new jersey? im from south florida.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:51 PM

Car Info: Impreza
Red face

Allow me to clarify, I only hate immature punks in neons (or any other car), but it's mostly neons who try to try to race me in heavy traffic and rev at me for no apparent reason other than to say "look at me I have a Blow-off valve". These types of neon drivers are in fact, F ags, I kno not all neon drivers are, but its too bad that they give the rest of the neon guys such a bad name. If I only had 20k, & wanted a turbo-charged, fwd car that I dont find the least bit appealing in appearence, and sounds loud and obnoxious, than yeah, I would have bought a neon. But luckily for me, I had an extra 5k to spend on a car that Im content with enough, that I dont feel the need to rev like a chimpanzee everywhere I go & try to race every turbocharged car on the road just to valid that my car is fast. Our cars sound so much better than neons that neons(the ones driven by dumbf ucks) should be embarassed to rev at all.

Last edited by mxspl807; 09-12-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:17 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
It's not just Suby owners that can't stand these SRT-4 ******, us EVO owners hate them too. LOL. I remember this yellow SRT 4 with a CF hood kept egging me to race on 880S right near the damn CHP weigh station near Milpitas. :hammer:

Who's got that pic of Longface and his SRT-4?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:32 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by nme
4) I think the problem is less about who it was marketed to and more of who could afford it. Alot of punk kids can afford them because you can buy them so damn cheap. This will obviosly cause problems with immature young drivers. Hell if wrx sti's were 20k off the showroom floor they would be in the same boat. Regardless of marketing.
That's basically proving my point. Due to the pricing of the car, it is targeting a younger audience which can afford a cheaper car than a WRX or STi. While the STi is targeting a more mature (not sure how much more though ) audience with the higher prices. Though, like always there's going to be jerks in every car trying to show off how they can push a petal all the way down.

Price points do affect which market cars are targeted for. Using your example, an adult who wants a decent sports car yet still a daily driver probably would not look at a SRT-4 even though they are quick and under 20k. Why? Adults look more into build quality, interior quality, durability, safety, insurance prices, etc etc. Yes the SRT-4 was priced about 5k less than the WRX, but from me taking that into consideration (yes I admit that my choice is going to be bias) I could justify waiting and paying the extra 5k for a WRX over a SRT-4.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:52 PM

Car Info: norcal
man, i cant believe how much hate you guys are dishing out.
acting like 15yr old douches if you ask me.

though its been rare occasions, the few wrx/sti's that i HAVE met were rather nice and polite and respected the srt4 for what it is.
youre opinions came off crude, and the "pwnge" was lack there of. you act like we didnt know there was manual rear windows? ah. and you also act like these cars handle like **** after a few easy susp. upgrades? they dont.
and ive almost forked over the cash for an 04wrx back when i got my srt 2yrs ago. side by side comparison...the interior on the srt was MUCH nicer compared to the 04...maybe the 05-06's were different...

i have met over 30srt active srt owners through our norcal chapter based srt messageboard, and aside from 1-2 dicks, every1 was EXTREMELY relaxed and chill. none of them really promote racing, nor really act the part. so to me, it seems you guys are witnessing the sorry bunch of the crowd. dont label ALL srt owners as that way. because we ALL know their's that crowd in every car enthusiast cars.

aside from that. i'd love to meet any, and all that are close or somewhat local to me. i reside in pleasanton, and live on campus at sfsu...and am always in tracy...so im always all over the norcal map.

im not too much into the racing, as im sure you guys arent...but i DO have a pretty healthy mod list.

well. we got a meet in pleasanton...oct1 at shadow cliff lake off of stanley boulevard. over 40+ srt's are attending. and these are the laid back guys that dont provoke any drama, or usless revs when you see them. if you're around...by all means, drop by! ive left the same info down at the norcalevo.net site in hopes of having a huge turbo car meet.

regardless, take it easy and cheers!

oh, and quick question...my best friend just got the accessport w/ the stg2 mapping w/ a full turboback on his 06sti. only pumped out 252hp, 275tq. all mods were installed and tuned at gruppe-s (im a wrx fan/lover here). is it me...or is that on the low side?

hope to see you guys around.

mike

Last edited by norcalsrtrida; 09-12-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by norcalsrtrida
man, i cant believe how much hate you guys are dishing out.
acting like 15yr old douches if you ask me.

though its been rare occasions, the few wrx/sti's that i HAVE met were rather nice and polite and respected the srt4 for what it is.
youre opinions came off crude, and the "pwnge" was lack there of. you act like we didnt know there was manual rear windows? ah. and you also act like these cars handle like **** after a few easy susp. upgrades? they dont.
and ive almost forked over the cash for an 04wrx back when i got my srt 2yrs ago. side by side comparison...the interior on the srt was MUCH nicer compared to the 04...maybe the 05-06's were different...

i have met over 30srt active srt owners through our norcal chapter based srt messageboard, and aside from 1-2 dicks, every1 was EXTREMELY relaxed and chill. none of them really promote racing, nor really act the part. so to me, it seems you guys are witnessing the sorry bunch of the crowd. dont label ALL srt owners as that way. because we ALL know their's that crowd in every car enthusiast cars.

aside from that. i'd love to meet any, and all that are close or somewhat local to me. i reside in pleasanton, and live on campus at sfsu...and am always in tracy...so im always all over the norcal map.

im not too much into the racing, as im sure you guys arent...but i DO have a pretty healthy mod list.

well. we got a meet in pleasanton...oct1 at shadow cliff lake off of stanley boulevard. over 40+ srt's are attending. and these are the laid back guys that dont provoke any drama, or usless revs when you see them. if you're around...by all means, drop by! ive left the same info down at the norcalevo.net site in hopes of having a huge turbo car meet.

regardless, take it easy and cheers!

oh, and quick question...my best friend just got the accessport w/ the stg2 mapping w/ a full turboback on his 06sti. only pumped out 252hp, 275tq. all mods were installed and tuned at gruppe-s (im a wrx fan/lover here). is it me...or is that on the low side?

hope to see you guys around.

mike
To answer your question, yes that does seem a little on the low side. The only remedy is to sell that STi and get an EVO 9 which makes 300whp+ with only a turboback and tune.

Quick Reply: no street racing posts allowed (was: Neon drivers are soo stupid)