Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

The new i-club is all about censorship!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 AM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
The new i-club is all about censorship!

I suck for continuing drama. I should have let it die.

Last edited by STiYLIN; 06-20-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:02 AM

Car Info: Sline
Go back to Nasioc.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
I sense this thread will surely follow also. I seriously thought you had good intentions with the thread, but what everyone thought was overboard was you not only asked once but twice for someone to tell the public why derek is no longer with GST. Especially since you said you already knew why, so it really was just picking at GST to state something that honestly doesn't need to be said.

I however do not feel the thread should have been dumpstered. Kinda reminds me of Nazioc... If people don't want the thread to be in the BAIC anymore, why don't people just not post in it and it will fall into the shadows of 10,000 of the other useless threads that darkonion makes()
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I don't see any censor, as a matter of fact, when I hit "new posts" this morning your thread came up. You did call out GST for an explanation. There is no reason why they should explain. Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, you don't know the whole story? Did you ever think that maybe you're only hearing a fraction of the story? Did you ever think that Derek may have delt with other besides you, that may have differing opinions? Did you ever think that in light of saving face with Derek and GST, they are not going to take it upon themselves to kick guy while he's down? Let it go already...
Derek good luck.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 85 AE86, 84 FJ60
I heard there was a fiesta party in here
Old 06-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by nomex ninja
I heard there was a fiesta party in here
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Did you bring the maraca's
Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 AM

Wondering who my replacement for advice and project guidance and wanting to know the situation @ GST where I get ALL of my car work done is not calling someone out. I did not challenge their decision. Here is an example of calling someone out. “Mike, why did you fire Derek, I think that was wrong and you made a mistake and you better explain why right now”. See the difference? I am sure you don’t. Then you wouldn’t have someone to mob on Zoeb.

It really makes me ashamed I was once a part of that type of mob mentality in the past. My motives were genuine with this thread. I get all my work done there. I want to know what is going on moving forward, not needing and explanation for why Derek personally was let go. Some might understand that some might not.

Point is I think it is really a sad day when the thread gets moved to the dumpster, a moderator starts a mob riot, and tries to bypass the curse filter all while insulting me and showing me other people were insulting me.

I know you have your tight knit crew and you guys defend each other. That is fine. But what you did here is make me feel like crap about my car and my future with GST. I want to cancel my appt on the 29th if I am being perceived this way, why would I want to bring my $35k car to a company to be worked on if they think I am calling them out? I will call Mike right after this post and get his take but the BAIC is no longer my place to hang out, this place really disappointed me and I felt like a part of the community for a while but oh well, my mistake, it's just the internets and I don't even live in the bay area.

You won’t hear any more *****ing from me, take your shots.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I don't see any censor, as a matter of fact, when I hit "new posts" this morning your thread came up. You did call out GST for an explanation. There is no reason why they should explain. Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, you don't know the whole story? Did you ever think that maybe you're only hearing a fraction of the story? Did you ever think that Derek may have delt with other besides you, that may have differing opinions? Did you ever think that in light of saving face with Derek and GST, they are not going to take it upon themselves to kick guy while he's down? Let it go already...
Derek good luck.
Wow, you sure are implying a lot there. Sorry if I offended anyone. I am done. I think the points I tried to make were clear.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 AM

You did call out GST for an explanation. There is no reason why they should explain.
Which one of these was the one you thought was calling GST out?

"I don't know any of the details that led to this and I do not want to speculate as it is none of my business. What I want to make clear is you are a huge value to the Subaru community and you were the reason why I chose to do business where I did and the reason I bought a Suby in the first place".

or this

"I know it's probably non of our business but I know I am not the only one curious as to what happened. Why would such a seemingly invaluable and key position be eliminated? Maybe someone from GST will make an annoucement as I do not understand as I am sure many others do not either."
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Jesus christ, will you drop it already. A company does not have to make a public announcement whenever they fire an employee. Nor do they need to explain their reasoning to you, me or anyone else. Get over it, take your car to LIC already. Jesus ****...
Old 06-19-2007, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

I wish the best to everyone involved but I think the BAIC community needs to know what happened
This is what you said in your first post. It is a call to action. What ever may have happened at GST, I can be certain that the end result was the best decision for the business. Why would such a move be made, hurt the business.
Please don't associate me with the Zoeb band wagon. It really insults me.
The only wagon I ride in is my own.
It's not like you to get all butt hurt like this. All I'm saying is in light of saving face with both parties somethings do not need to be explained. They are what they are, let them be.
I'm sure GST still values you as a customer. You know as well as I do that you will not be treated any differently. Mike isn't like that, and you know this. Frankly anyone that drives all the way from Humbolt to have their car servied must have a little bit of confidence in the shop they are taking it to.
Why the other thread got sent to the dumpster is beyond be. Probably someone flexing their pseudo mod muscle. Half the mods here are jackass chronies any way.
I respect your compassion to give Derek a good send off. In light of keeping that send off positive; somethings are better off left unsaid.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I love STiLYn!!!

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 06-19-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STiYLIN
Wow, you sure are implying a lot there. Sorry if I offended anyone. I am done. I think the points I tried to make were clear.
I'm not implying anything. There are always two sides to every story. I think that is the point.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 AM

Please don't associate me with the Zoeb band wagon. It really insults me.
I do apologize for this. I just felt like I was being attacked by a lot of people but I do know you to be different.

I appreciate your honesty and again I am sorry if I came off wrong, it was not my intention to start this soap opera, trust me . Now I don't even fell comfortable taking my car in that can't hold idle to be fixed. Talk about bummed.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

You really have no rason to feel uncomfortable. I'm really disappointed that you think you would be looked at differently or treated differently because of your stand on this. Honestly, do you really think Mike gives a damn, I can't speak for him, but I know him well enough that, in light of your satisfaction, working with GST and Derek, he will try even harder to keep you coming back. I know if I had a shop that someone drove 4+ hours, just to have their car worked on, I would consider him/her a very valuable customer.

Quick Reply: The new i-club is all about censorship!