Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

anyone think they have real driving skills?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
1. My original comment in this thread was a joke in regards to all the threads you and Mark (or just Mark, whatever) started claiming fastest car in SRIC.

2. I'm not linked to the shop for any business reasons. In all honesty, I had never dealt with anyone from the shop prior to purchasing my WRX, and the first call I placed sold me on Nate and his abilities. The quality of service I received from there on only reinforced that.

Ya well when it comes to me and this board, people don't exactly "Joke around"
Old 11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
yup, i ****ed up with my cobra, what can i say im not gonna deny it.

johns car had over 2000 miles of break in before he took it in. go back and read his first posts when he was here, he couldnt wait till the break in was over to get on it.

but when you get a car back from a shop that is already making less power than whats possible on the setup, you would expect it to run perfect, especially when the car is at the shop for over a month. you dont expect it to blow up.
I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know for sure, it just seems to me that it's likely something else may have been going on with that car that hadn't yet been realized. Maybe a case where something was weak from the factory and the extra power caused it to break?

Honestly, that's why I gave my car 5000 miles of all type of driving (especially beating a bit on the car post breakin) before I did anything engine wise.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:04 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
yup, i ****ed up with my cobra, what can i say im not gonna deny it. 55mph was too fast for my situation apparently, whatever, u live u learn.

johns car had over 2000 miles of break in before he took it in. go back and read his first posts when he was here, he couldnt wait till the break in was over to get on it.

but when you get a car back from a shop that is already making less power than whats possible on the setup, you would expect it to run perfect, especially when the car is at the shop for over a month. you dont expect it to blow up.
I fully expect that car to blow up. I have seen how well he wired his front mount intercooler sprayer and have to wonder what else he has hacked up on that car.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:06 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
EDIT: johns post below summed up mine.

Last edited by TitanSTI; 11-10-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by dz
I fully expect that car to blow up. I have seen how well he wired his front mount intercooler sprayer and have to wonder what else he has hacked up on that car.

LOL, you wanna know why my FMIC sprayer was wired like that? It wasn't meant to stay that way. I was in a rush to finish it at 3 in the morning when i started it. I was going to redo it but the car ended up being in the shop more then it has been out on the streets...

Oh yes... My cracked A-Pillar Pod, and my The controller for the gauges mounting that falls off everytime i accelerate, with wires going everywhere... My exhaust falling off it's hangers whil driving down the road ALOT of the vacuum hoses falling off... and 2 of my intercooler hoses popping off under boost and having to fix them in the middle of the road with a Penny, is how I should base my installs after right?? Funny thing is.. that intercooler sprayer installation(besides the coil-overs) is the only thing that HASN'T needed to be fixed, and odly they where the only two things installed by me....

Oh and I also installed my Stereo, which I have had absolutely Zero problems on also....
Old 11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
dz

john has done nothing mechanically at all to the car, period. have u seen the IC sprayer? it isnt hacked up at all. that and his stereo was a very clean install. his front bumper was totally hacked for the FMIC though.
Yeah but his braided steel line rigt next to the + terminal on the battery and several differenc colors and lengths of power wire strung togehter could cause a bunch of problems. Electrical systems on modern cars can tend to be a little picky about dead shorts.
and youve never driven with or riden in his car, he really babies it. he doesnt have the same right foot "on - off switch" thing goin on that you claim to have.
I have seen him on the road and read his posts. You and I both know that you are full of crap on this one.

***Can we get a doctor in here***

I think we are going to need surgery to remove BlackVenom96 from John's ****...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
I vote to kick LookingForPower off of the Island.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by dz
Yeah but his braided steel line rigt next to the + terminal on the battery and several differenc colors and lengths of power wire strung togehter could cause a bunch of problems. Electrical systems on modern cars can tend to be a little picky about dead shorts.
actually, I have gone to a mechanic school... I know what I am doing even if it doesn't look like it... If it is SOOOO bad, then why haven't I had one single problem with it, and it works just as good as the day I installed it.

I have seen him on the road and read his posts. You and I both know that you are full of crap on this one.

Umm right... You have seen me on the road??!? I call bull**** on you ever seeing me on the road... My car has only been on the road a total of 5 week since I have owned it, I highly doubt you have seen me. If so where have you seen me
Old 11-10-2005, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by dz

yeah, what should i just let a friend of mine get throwin to the wolves that are the S^2 nut swingers? you are one of them BTW.

funny, as john stated, the things he installed are the only ones that didnt **** up. and his car hasnt had a problem since he got it back from the shop most recently. which is odd, i mean things should be falling off right?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
dz

Originally Posted by kidatari
I vote to kick LookingForPower off of the Island.
Come on now Josh, he is entitled to his opinion - even when it is wrong.

I know you are in Korea right now, but the rest of us are still in the "Land of the Free"
Old 11-10-2005, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by dz

I know you are in Korea right now, but the rest of us are still in the "Land of the Free"
if your car had been botched like his, youde probably be more upset than he is/was.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dz

Meh, I usually don't form solid opinions on people before I've met them, but this douchebag seems to have earned a thumbs down from me. And I'm entitled to that opinion, especially because I'm right.

I haven't quite figured out why he keeps coming around and making a jackass out of himself, or why BlackVenom96 seems to be the only one defending him (although I have no problem at all with BlackVenom). Maybe I've missed a bunch, being out of the country for the last 6 months, but still...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:24 PM

what i want to know
is why the hell would I want to let some pro driver drive my car when he obviously won't give a **** if he launches improperly, dumps the clutch, etc

what a stupid event
Old 11-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by kidatari
Meh, I usually don't form solid opinions on people before I've met them, but this douchebag seems to have earned a thumbs down from me. And I'm entitled to that opinion, especially because I'm right.

I haven't quite figured out why he keeps coming around and making a jackass out of himself, or why BlackVenom96 seems to be the only one defending him (although I have no problem at all with BlackVenom). Maybe I've missed a bunch, being out of the country for the last 6 months, but still...

i think you have missed some stuff then
Old 11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LookingForPower
i think you have missed some stuff then
The interweb is my link to civilization. But if everyone tells me that you're an idiot, I'm probably going to take their word for it. The issue is that drama constantly follows you, and my current link to friends back in CA is tainted by your banter. But this is a public board with very open rules, so I have no control or say over who can and can not post.

It's not even worth reading your posts any more, unless I get to watch DZ make you look like more of an idiot. But that brings a smile to my face.

Quick Reply: anyone think they have real driving skills?