Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

anyone think they have real driving skills?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I just think you're misrepresenting things a tad. Yours was a relatively local issue, not a more widespread one as you appear to be indicating. Believe it or not, they had customers well before you and continue to have customers to this day without any problems.
u think john is the only example we are using? believe it or not, we talk to more people than u think.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
u think john is the only example we are using? believe it or not, we talk to more people than u think.
I know you're using more examples than John.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
I just think you're misrepresenting things a tad. Yours was a relatively local issue, not a more widespread one as you appear to be indicating. Believe it or not, they had customers well before you and continue to have customers to this day without any problems.

righttttt..... so that makes everything A oh K right? How am I saying it's a widespread issue, Some of the problem that had the special mod where not just from sacramento. How many cars that have really made power have come out of their is the thing... The shop is seriously good for basic bolt on stuffs, I will give them that. It's just the big things that they have had their problems with, this isnt even talking about the cars that have been there almost a year now....

Look I have ALOT of respect for the owners of this shop, they are both really nice people and don't mean any harm at all, which is why I have tryed to remain silent, but when you come off saying stupid **** things like you stated earlier I will come out, Matt you are close enough linked to this shop that I will make you as part of them. If it was some random person I would not say such things....
Old 11-10-2005, 02:53 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
I wonder if the motor issues have anything to do with the retard owner that decided to flog a car that he knew was not running right so he would not lose the street race with the Yugo. Bright idea to flog a car that you know is having problems, because more throttle input always fixes things.

Or it could be beating on and pushing a motor that is not even broken in yet, yeah that is another great idea.

Maybe the problem is with a small handful of moronic customers and not the shop.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Troll

I know you're using more examples than John.

Ya, I don't like speaking for other people, because their is always to parts to a story, and I only know one part. So I will only speak for myself in this issue
Old 11-10-2005, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by dz
I wonder if the motor issues have anything to do with the retard owner that decided to flog a car that he knew was not running right so he would not lose the street race with the Yugo. Bright idea to flog a car that you know is having problems, because more throttle input always fixes things.

Or it could be beating on and pushing a motor that is not even broken in yet, yeah that is another great idea.

Maybe the problem is with a small handful of moronic customers and not the shop.
a stock motor sti with a GT-12 and FMIC making 300whp should not have issues, period. but it should have an overflow bottle.....
Old 11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by dz

Really you need to stfu you have no idea what you are talking about, my car had 2,000 miles on it before it was brought into the shop and was running perfect.. I brought it out and it ran like **** the day I brought it out..... I babied the car for 2,000 miles before I brought it in.....

And I was given the OK to race the car, until we thought the motor was blown. Then i infact drove safley until brought elsewhere...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon MT
we know that you are using more examples then john........

but honestly no one here gives a ****...........many people in the SRIC have had their cars tuned by the shop (2 of my own first my 03 wrx and now my 05 sti) and have had no problems at all and I think that most members of the SRIC will continue to use the shop.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by LookingForPower
Look I have ALOT of respect for the owners of this shop, they are both really nice people and don't mean any harm at all, which is why I have tryed to remain silent, but when you come off saying stupid **** things like you stated earlier I will come out, Matt you are close enough linked to this shop that I will make you as part of them. If it was some random person I would not say such things....
1. My original comment in this thread was a joke in regards to all the threads you and Mark (or just Mark, whatever) started claiming fastest car in SRIC.

2. I'm not linked to the shop for any business reasons. In all honesty, I had never dealt with anyone from the shop prior to purchasing my WRX, and the first call I placed sold me on Nate and his abilities. The quality of service I received from there on only reinforced that.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Troll

a stock motor sti with a GT-12 and FMIC making 300whp should not have issues, period. but it should have an overflow bottle.....

Wait you mean dumping coolant directly on the ground in the California Valley Heat is a bad thing?? Hmm weird...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:58 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
But throwing all those parts on a car with 500 miles on it and then beating on it when you know there is an issue that needs to be resolved is really effing stupid.

But then again, so is looping a Mustang in to a guard rail on the freeway just because the ground is wet...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by skimonkey30
we know that you are using more examples then john........

but honestly no one here gives a ****...........many people in the SRIC have had their cars tuned by the shop (2 of my own first my 03 wrx and now my 05 sti) and have had no problems at all and I think that most members of the SRIC will continue to use the shop.
awesome. if u want a basic tune, or your exhasut installed, etc. they are an awesome shop. if u wanna push the limits of what these cars are capable of, you should look elsewhere.

and if u dont care, why bother to post.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by dz
But throwing all those parts on a car with 500 miles on it and then beating on it when you know there is an issue that needs to be resolved is really effing stupid.

But then again, so is looping a Mustang in to a guard rail on the freeway just because the ground is wet...

Really... I only had 500 miles on my car?!?!

Hmm someone must have moved my odometer foward, because last I checked I had 2,000 miles before I brought it in...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by dz

yup, i ****ed up with my cobra, what can i say im not gonna deny it. 55mph was too fast for my situation apparently, whatever, u live u learn.

johns car had over 2000 miles of break in before he took it in. go back and read his first posts when he was here, he couldnt wait till the break in was over to get on it.

but when you get a car back from a shop that is already making less power than whats possible on the setup, you would expect it to run perfect, especially when the car is at the shop for over a month. you dont expect it to blow up.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Troll

yup, i ****ed up with my cobra, what can i say im not gonna deny it.

johns car had over 2000 miles of break in before he took it in. go back and read his first posts when he was here, he couldnt wait till the break in was over to get on it.

but when you get a car back from a shop that is already making less power than whats possible on the setup, you would expect it to run perfect, especially when the car is at the shop for over a month. you dont expect it to blow up.

"But you can't rush art."

Quick Reply: anyone think they have real driving skills?