Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

30 going on 18

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 2.5RS pacifica blue with black Tarmacs
30 going on 18

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. This past weekend I was coming back from a movie with two of my friends when up in the distance I saw a blue WRX. When I got closer I noticed two things. One, it had the full SRT USA decal set on the exterior and two if was being driven by a young girl. Since I have a SWRT logo on the back of my RS it was only a matter of time before we got to talking. Of course our conversation took place at around 45mph on a main road in Colorado Springs. Now I'm not a street racer nor am I Petter Solberg or Marcus Gronholm, but I can drive. I'm not crazy about tickets or accidents or jail so in the past when I was challenged I just let them go, but this time it was a girl in a ReX and she wanted to play, and I knew even with the CAI and full exhaust I put on my car I was still outgunned especially on the top end.
>From now on my train of thought defies logic so all I can say to account for this is something I heard a comedian Bill Engvall say "God gave men two heads, but only enough blood to work one at a time". I knew I had one advantage, experience. She couldn't of been more then twenty and the traffic was light to moderate. It still took a little bit for her to convince me, but when she did we took off. I don't know how fast I was going as I never got to look at the speedo. I noted the tach out of the corner of my eye with the rest of my sight was focused intensely on the other cars sharing the road. I also heard a high pitch whine that sounded like a scream from behind me when I took off. I also noticed she hadn't kept up that sound was one reason and I'm sure the car that was in front of her wasn't helping her efforts either.
>We were already rolling so I took a downshift to third and punched it. It just happened to be a perfect shift. Now that sound was her syncros, she had missed a gear and the ReX made a horrible sound the could easily be heard over my Borla headers, R/T catpipe and custom Magnaflow catback, IT WAS LOUD!!! and I was gone, I cut around some cars at a stupid speed, yea I know I'm an idiot. And she was way back at this point as she couldn't get around the other cars on the road.
>She did catch back up though later and attempted a holeshot at a stoplight. The result was a clutch cookout. I was done though and didn't want to escalate this any further. She told me she wants to do some legitimate racing and being as young as she is with the fearlessness she has she might do pretty well, I just hope she survives.
>Well that's my story and with Petter winning at New Zealand I had a really good weekend. BTW I do know it was stupid wreckless and foolish, but I have to say I've been cliffdiving, bungee jumping and done many other crazy things and I've never had an adrenaline rush like that. My mind was clear and nothing else mattered. I can now see the appeal of streetracing as the risk of police intervention just increases the rush, but I could never live with myself if someone got hurt through my actions. I know this sounds kind of hypocritical, but everyone has their breaking point. It just so happens mine drives a blue ReX.

Last edited by SubySal; 04-20-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:39 PM

Car Info: 2002 Alpine White WRX
Good kill, was she cute?
Old 04-19-2004, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
paragraphs.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black/Gold STi
Originally posted by sonicsuby
paragraphs.
haha, yeah that hurt my eyeballs. And i hate it when people refer to this type of win as a "KILL" It annoys the **** out of me when I hear it. It just sounds so stupid to me, "Nice kill man... add one to the kill list" I dont know it just bugs me. This is not directed at anyone just a general statement.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 2.5RS pacifica blue with black Tarmacs
Yea, it is good that no one got hurt which is a miracle when you think of how poorly people drive here in CO.... and yea she was cute. BTW I could see how the word kill could be annoying. I guess I just don't look at it that way exept... maybe if it were a Honda

Last edited by SubySal; 04-20-2004 at 04:00 PM.