Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

limited slip differential

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:11 PM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Originally Posted by brado928
does anyone know if the cusco lsd unit that fits into a wrx would fit into the sti transmission. i wanted to get front and rear lsd, but i might also want to swap in a 6mt in in a couple of years. and is there a center differential that would have a set 35/65 torque ratio for a wrx tranny? if i put in front and rear lsd, would i need to put in a new center differential? thx for the help!
Not sure on the lsd fitting into the STI 6mt but there are versions of the 6mt with a electronically controlled differential and you could use that to achieve your goal of 35/65 without so much as taking it apart

Also i've been told the 6mt needs a different rear differential gear ratio to work correctly.

You shouldn't have to change out the entire rear diff if your just putting int the lsd in it. I'd want a second opinion on that though.