Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Alt/power steering bolt and top of adjuster broke off.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:13 AM

Car Info: 05 asp white wrx
Alt/power steering bolt and top of adjuster broke off.

I apologize if this is the wrong area but, I couldn't find the right spot to put this thread, scence it's the drive belt why not?

I Recently changed my alt/ps belt out, few days later I noticed it slipping, so I tightnd it up a bit but what I forgot to do was lossen the bottem bolt...while turnig the top bolt the bolt and the top inch or so of the sliding adjuster completed snapped off, checked google and a few sites found some broken bolt threads but not the other part that broke, Looks to be conected to the p/s pump, do I need to get a new pump or keep looking online? I couldn't find the part online,( altho I don't know it's proper name either) some help would greatly apriciated (:

FYI slider bolt seems to be stable and not loosened but I'll check every time I HAVE to leave, And frequently during the drive, only if I have to take her out.
Will post pics tommrrow
Old 07-31-2010, 07:34 AM

Car Info: 05 asp white wrx
Figured it out, I broke the powersteering bracket, note to self and future newbs like me, take that lock bolt out before tightning the belt hehe won't be messin that up again soon, thankfully $25 part With screw and bracket