Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

3rd is gone???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX / 08 Forester
Originally posted by 805WRX
when i bought the car i wasen't planning on babying it for its entire life, the engine has been pretty bullet proof, can't say the same about the tranny.
That's pretty obvious. ......as is the fact that your abuse led to the demise of the other 2 transmissions.

The reason I posted the above quotes was to show that abuse is always a possibility in these "broken tranny" threads. There are far too many subjective comments made about the quality of our transmissions (or SOA in general). All I'm suggesting is that folks should look at the issue objectively and keep in mind that they might not always know the whole story.

- Kean
Old 01-14-2004, 12:38 PM

(double post)
Old 01-14-2004, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Originally posted by Kean
That's pretty obvious. ......as is the fact that your abuse led to the demise of the other 2 transmissions.

The reason I posted the above quotes was to show that abuse is always a possibility in these "broken tranny" threads. There are far too many subjective comments made about the quality of our transmissions (or SOA in general). All I'm suggesting is that folks should look at the issue objectively and keep in mind that they might not always know the whole story.

- Kean
I have no complaints about my tranny and I know I've given it hell and it's held up so far 38K miles and I've changed the fluid 4 times. I change the fluid mostly looking for metal shavings or pieces of metal found either and I've done a few clutch dumps in my day
Old 01-14-2004, 09:12 PM

Car Info: 02silverWRXsedan
i might just get a STi now.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
cars been stock for more than 6 months, cause i was planing on buying a STi.

look at the date that those post were posted. my car has gone through many stages and has gone through 2 trans already which i paid for 3800 buks total,
You are a ****ing moron, and I can't believe you would try to come in here acting all innocently, and then also sit there and blame subaru when it pretty ****ing obvious you abuse your car.

I hope you replace that ****ing tranny, go get a camaro or something which suits your lame ****ing street racing needs, and wrap that POS around a ****ing telephone pole.

I was going to write some pretty symapthetic things, including how i know you could have gotten that tranny replaced under warranty, because several posts up, i beleived you... it's pretty evedient that you think we are all morons, but in the end it's you who's the moron... 3rd tranny!?!?!?!

learn to drive

-Gagan
Old 01-18-2004, 02:24 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB
just a thought.. when you returned your car to stock, did you put in the stock 30lb flywheel? Personally I think that things the destroyer of trannies.. especially after getting used to driving with a ~12lb flywheel and then going back.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:04 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by gordy
just a thought.. when you returned your car to stock, did you put in the stock 30lb flywheel? Personally I think that things the destroyer of trannies.. especially after getting used to driving with a ~12lb flywheel and then going back.
Actually, light flywheels are easier on transmissions. But that doesn't make up for idiotic driving habits.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:21 PM

Car Info: www.tristatetuners.com
i might just get a STi now.
Great idea. You think your wrx is expensive to fix? Wait until you kill your STi trans.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:40 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by t-wrexxx
Great idea. You think your wrx is expensive to fix? Wait until you kill your STi trans.
Nah, the STi gearbox is dummy-proof. About the only way to kill it is either run it dry or tow it on 2 wheels. Seems oblivious to clutch dumps and 450 lb./ft. or torque.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 02silverWRXsedan
i don't see why you guys get all bent out of shape, i didn't buy this car to rin arons, i bought it to have some fun, its funny how subaru advertises the car that way also, 0-60 in 5.4 but if you break it in the process then you abuse your car blah blah.

all i did was ask some simple questions on what it can be then i get all these fanboys telling me i don't know how to drive....lol.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:08 PM

i don't see why you guys get all bent out of shape, i didn't buy this car to rin arons, i bought it to have some fun, its funny how subaru advertises the car that way also, 0-60 in 5.4 but if you break it in the process then you abuse your car blah blah.

all i did was ask some simple questions on what it can be then i get all these fanboys telling me i don't know how to drive....lol.
Re-read your statements:

...i don't know how it went but it was not because of racing...
....i do not abuse my car, it also has only one modd which is a vishnu up pipe.....
.....you also started another thread titled "SUBARU won't pick up the bill". You made it sound like the transmission just "blew" without any fault of your own. I merely posted your remarks from previous posts to show that there may be more to the story than what was written within these "tranny" threads.

There's a difference between "having some fun" and abuse.

a·buse: To use wrongly or improperly; misuse

- Kean

Quick Reply: 3rd is gone???